Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-01-2021, 05:47 PM   #16
vriquelme
vriquelme began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox nova 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
My Onyx (a nova generation 1) can be switched between power saving mode and normal mode. power saving mode shuts down background processes. the power saving / normal mode is a battery icon that show when you click the top of the screen in the home screen.

edit: kind of related. if you go to the apps page, there is an snowflake icon in top right that allows you to freeze processes.

edit: if you go to power settings and click battery status it shows what is using power. The biggest for me is table idle at 11% and android os at 5%
I think that there is no power saving mode in this device (at least, I have not found it).

Everything is frozen via the snowflake icon.

Also, Settings/Power/Battery Status does not show me any detail on the consumption by app. I tried clearing cache, but still does not show relevant info (I get the message "Battery usage data isn't available)" (shown in attached images).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Uninstall AccuBattery - I tried and it shows nonsense.
Check your books - at least one of them prevents the NeoReader from going to sleep and if it works, it needs power.
Due to Settings/Power/Battery Status not showing any details on the consumption by app, I need to rely on 3rd party apps. Would you be so kind to recommend a better option?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	186313   Click image for larger version

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	186314  
vriquelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 05:52 PM   #17
vriquelme
vriquelme began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx boox nova 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
My Onyx (a nova generation 1) can be switched between power saving mode and normal mode. power saving mode shuts down background processes. the power saving / normal mode is a battery icon that show when you click the top of the screen in the home screen.

edit: kind of related. if you go to the apps page, there is an snowflake icon in top right that allows you to freeze processes.

edit: if you go to power settings and click battery status it shows what is using power. The biggest for me is table idle at 11% and android os at 5%
My device has a power loss (on sleep mode, doing nothing) of 1% each 38mins, approximately 2% each hour, but without USB cable connected (which is similar to what you report with a connected cable, in your thread). Have you found some other clues on this behavior, so far?
vriquelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 09:59 PM   #18
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
My device is old but has very recent FW upgrade. I would be surprised if onyx has removed the feature. Perhaps someone with a newer version could confirm. I access it by tapping the top bar in the home screen. It appears as a battery icon. I would also freeze all apps. Have you installed any apps that might cause this? It is also possible that a bad book can cause battery drain. Reboot the device and if all else fails to a software reset.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:57 PM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by vriquelme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk
Quote:
Originally Posted by vriquelme
Neo reader, AccuBattery,
Uninstall AccuBattery - I tried and it shows nonsense.
Check your books - at least one of them prevents the NeoReader from going to sleep and if it works, it needs power.
Due to Settings/Power/Battery Status not showing any details on the consumption by app, I need to rely on 3rd party apps. Would you be so kind to recommend a better option?
Everything that monitors needs power.
Question: If the Neo Reader is not used, why does it appear first?
Answer: because it is busy with a book!

My suggestion: reset the device and then check the consumption - with no book and nothing installed.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery drain, new device, nova 3