Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #106
nerduban
nerduban began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5.1
Thanks a lot for this great application.. eagerly waiting for the 5.1 version !!
Old 04-16-2012, 05:51 AM   #107
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Finally here's the new version 1.5!!!

***************README***************
The waf is made to be integrated with Yifan Lu Launcher.
You need to jailbreak your Kindle and to install the launcher.
If anyone wants to work on it and make it better, just post the results here for everyone.

************NEW FEATURES*************
What's new:
- code improvement: it should be lighter
- new interface with folder list, menu, buttons...
- folder list is now sorted alphabetically
- preload function: change image it's now faster
- added "last read" in menu to keep track of what you read last time
- multiple bookmarks support: add as many bookmarks as you want and jump to any of them. Opening a folder brings you to the last one, than you can jump to a page or a bookmark!
- PNG image support. You can have JPGs and PNGs mixed together in your folders
- something else I can't remember now. I made about 10 small updates between the two releases!

************HOW TO INSTALL************

DIFFERENTIAL UPDATE (if you installed the previous version 1.0):
- remove every file and folder in /extensions/imagegallery/bin
- unzip 1.5_differential_update.zip to /extensions/imagegallery/bin

PLAIN INSTALL:
Just unzip imagegallery folder contained in 1.5_plain_install.zip to the extensions folder.
Restart your Kindle.
You'll find "Install Image Gallery" in launcher menu.
Tap on it: it adds all the necessary to the appreg.db.
After doing it, it returns to the kindle home.
Replace /extensions/imagegallery/menu.json with /extensions/imagegallery/bin/menu.json
Create a folder called "Gallery" in documents ==> /documents/Gallery
You can now see "Image Gallery" in the launcher menu: this runs the WAF.

************HOW TO USE**************
Just add your images in /documents/Gallery/ organized in folders.
Images MUST be named from 0 (i.e: 0 1 2 3 4 5....)
They can be jpg or png.

************STILL TO DO************
- remove the titlebar
- catch the RETURN key in text inputs
- make the "remove this bookmark" text input NOT case sensitive
- add image post processing (change contrast and lightness)

****5.1.0 KINDLE TOUCH FIRMWARE*****
I didn't try the 5.1.0 firmware yet as I'm waiting to be sure not to brick my Kindle.

I hope that Amazon fixed the popup boxes problem!
If so, I'll release a new version of ImageGallery for 5.1.0 firmware.

Anyway, I read that with 5.1.0 the browser doesn't rotate anymore so I don't know if WAFs will rotate!
If they don't rotate, you'll lose the ImageGallery landscape mode.
Let me know if you know something more about 5.1.0 firmware!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.5_differential_update.zip (93.7 KB, 221 views)
File Type: zip 1.5_plain_install.zip (101.0 KB, 296 views)

Last edited by silver18; 04-17-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #108
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

Device: Kindle Touch
Please open a new thread, so it's easyer to keep track of new versions
Old 04-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #109
canopus
canopus began at the beginning.

I did an "DIFFERENTIAL UPDATE", but, when I try to load the Image Gallery, nothing happens... T___T
The Gallery, don't load.

Firmware: 5.0.4
Old 04-16-2012, 11:14 AM   #110
faithcraft
faithcraft began at the beginning.

Thumbs up

Just tried the differential update and works great!... Thanks for all your hard work!...

But, is there a chance of fix the width?... Sometimes real images are tight but in the Kindle they looks so wide and looks kinda weird...

Besides that, thank you for make my kindle an excellent manga reader!

PD: My Kindle Firmware is 5.0.4

Last edited by faithcraft; 04-16-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #111
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canopus View Post
I did an "DIFFERENTIAL UPDATE", but, when I try to load the Image Gallery, nothing happens... T___T
The Gallery, don't load.

Firmware: 5.0.4
Try to replace the file attached...but I guess it won't work as I changed only the line endings format!

I used the app Thomass showed me to edit the start.sh this time. It should work!
Do you have folders in /documents/Gallery?
Do you have "/extensions/imagegallery/bin/resource/JSandSH" folder and is it named exactly the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithcraft View Post
But, is there a chance of fix the width?... Sometimes real images are tight but in the Kindle they looks so wide and looks kinda weird...
So you have tight images and you would like to tighten the screen?
Could you send me a screenshot?
BTW, I think it could be done. I just want to be sure what you mean!
Attached Files
File Type: zip start.zip (705 Bytes, 167 views)
Old 04-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #112
canopus

I was going to replace the start.sh, and realized that all files in the bin directory, was corrupted (0Kb)... I do not know why, the copy failed... =/

Well, I just re-copy the original "DIFFERENTIAL UPDATE" and all worked fine.
Sorry, my mistake...

Thankz for your time
Old 04-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #113
silver18
THE NOOB

Thanks to you for letting me know it works!!
I didn't know what to do!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #114
faithcraft
faithcraft began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
So you have tight images and you would like to tighten the screen?
Could you send me a screenshot?
BTW, I think it could be done. I just want to be sure what you mean!
Its something like this...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	85364  
Old 04-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #115
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5.1.0 added "hidden" image viewer.

It could be ran with:
Code:
/usr/bin/imageViewer.sh
Create directory images in root of Kinlde USB-disk. Then put there:
  • pictures
  • subdirectories with pictures
  • zip-archives with images.
Subdirectories and zip-archives are represented as packages: images in packages could be listed with taps or flicks on screen.

Images are displayed fullscreen. Image viewer is an ordinary booklet, so for displaying of back button etc. just tap at top of screen.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #116
MaxPowerITA
MaxPowerITA began at the beginning.

Good news, i'm trying it now and apart from a slow start it works perfectly. Is there a possibility to have an extension for the launcher to launch it directly from the Kindle?
Old 04-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #117
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPowerITA View Post
Is there a possibility to have an extension for the launcher to launch it directly from the Kindle?
replace it with the value for the "action" of one of the items of the menu.json of an extension.
(hiddenfeatures would be more appropriate for this purpose )

EDIT: attached one after removing orientation part and adding Image viewer to it ( the original one is here)
Attached Files
File Type: zip hiddenfeatures.zip (895 Bytes, 288 views)

Last edited by thomass; 04-21-2012 at 02:52 PM. Reason: dynamic="true" was forgotten, fixed
Old 04-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #118
mr.w0lf
n00b
mr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with othersmr.w0lf plays well with others

@silver18 spesso si impalla tutto, e i bookmark non me li salva.. esce dicendomi "Impossible to run application", qualche idea sul motivo?

@everyone else

Stock Image Viewer seems to not work well with big packs of things, as it try to make a .tmp dir with a copy of everything you are trying to view inside..
Old 04-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #119
silver18
THE NOOB

I added a new feature for the next release.

It changes the width of the image.
You can choose the %: under 100% it shrinks the image, over 100% it enlarges the image and adds 4 arrows to navigate in the image (if you don't want to use the swipe. Arrows are much more precise!).
They disappear by themselves and you can bring them on by double tapping on the screen.

Here are screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-19T22_48_13-0200.gif
Views:	611
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	85488   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-19T22_48_22-0200.gif
Views:	283
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	85489   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-04-19T22_48_30-0200.gif
Views:	573
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	85490  
Old 04-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #120
canopus

Quote:
I added a new feature for the next release.

It changes the width of the image.
You can choose the %: under 100% it shrinks the image, over 100% it enlarges the image and adds 4 arrows to navigate in the image (if you don't want to use the swipe. Arrows are much more precise!).
They disappear by themselves and you can bring them on by double tapping on the screen.
+1

This it's getting better...
By the way, the last release was really good...
Closed Thread