Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
physics@war
Connoisseur
physics@war began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question what is the meaning of the LED code?

Hi,

One day the LED light on top of the device flashing in red as the device is turned off.
Any meaning of the warning LED?

And one time the LED just turn on red, at this moment, reset button doesn't work, so I suspect the battery is low so I charge it.Two hours later, it is alive again.

Does iRex post up what different error warning corresponding to what LED signal? Sometimes I am confused when something new happens to the device.
physics@war is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 07:45 AM   #2
myprecious
Zealot
myprecious began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Correct me if I'm wrong but - red led means low battery power.
myprecious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 08:30 AM   #3
Avenger
Connoisseur
Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.Avenger knows who John Galt is.

Device: iREX DR 1000S
It means the reader doesn't even have enough power to boot in most cases. Charge it at this point.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
The main LED, Green, Orange and Red are described in the Manual.

Shaggy (I think) was trying to come up with the meaning of the other LEDs as they can act as error codes, in the irex forum. But as this was largely absed on user report, there isn't much info yet.

Not too much goes wrong with it ...
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:22 AM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Karel said he had asked their developers for a list of the codes and was going to get back to me when he heard from them. However, I haven't seen anything yet. It probably just slipped their mind.

Usually the way it works is that a blinking red LED means that an error occured. In addition to the blinking red, there is also a combination of some of the other green LEDs. The specific combination of green LEDs is what tells you what the error was.

The only one I've been able to identify so far is the "battery too low" error. That was based on a user's feedback from talking with iRex tech support. The red LED was blinking and the bottom two green LEDs on the right hand side were on.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #6
yingwu
Addict
yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.yingwu has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 1000s
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Karel said he had asked their developers for a list of the codes and was going to get back to me when he heard from them. However, I haven't seen anything yet. It probably just slipped their mind.
I am sure this is valuable to have such a list so that we could check the status of the device by ourselves.
yingwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingwu View Post
I am sure this is valuable to have such a list so that we could check the status of the device by ourselves.
I plan on posting the list to the iRex forum once I get it. In the mean time, if anybody finds out what a specific error means via talking with tech support, please let me know or reply to the thread on the other forum. That way, even if we don't get a definitive list from their engineers, we can start piecing it together ourselves based on user's experience.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:53 AM   #8
KaiAdin
KaiAdin began at the beginning.

Device: Irex DR1000s
Ah I might have an intersting one for you guys later...

I just got my DR1000s (well a 2 days ago, but its still got that new plastics smell )

I pulled it out of its case (a re-purposed neoprene laptop case) to get this delightful error code (see the attachment).

The DR1000s will not go past displaying the irex logo, the main/power LED blinks red, and in the Middle/Bottom touch sensor Strip the Right most LED is lit, while in the Right Touch Sensor strip the top most LED is lit. The main 'O' button seems unresponsive, and the unit will not turn off. The eink screen is working and the dot of the eye, just rotates round and round... (mocking me D: )

I tried to update the firmware manually through the SD card as suggested in the irex support forums, but to no avail as after displaying the "Updating" and "Update finished screen", it reboots back to the aforementioned error screen.

I am currently in contact with a support rep using their trouble ticket system. And I'll give a report on what it means hopefully when they reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG
Views:	668
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	33640  

Last edited by KaiAdin; 08-05-2009 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Typo + added bit of humour
KaiAdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
Shaggy
Wizard

Thanks. Any feedback you can add about that LED combination would be great. I'll add it to the list I'm keeping over on the iRex forum.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:39 PM   #10
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I just got two stange 'errors'.
The first happened when the device was sitting idle for a few minutes, The top red led was blinking and the lower right green led was on. But I could normally operate the device.
I did a shutdown and then during shutdown it stopped with the bottom right and left low green leds on.
A reset 'cured' the problem.

Two more error codes for the list? Unfortunately I do not know what they indicated, at least nothing permanent ...
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 AM   #11
picco
picco began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just got a similar situation: two green leds on, fast blinking red led on top. Note that the only similar error code described in the manual is "slow blinking red" for low battery, but this is definitely something different: the blinking was fast, and the battery full. A reset solved the issue.

My best guess is that fast blinking red indicates some unrecoverable error, and the combination of green leds is some sort of error code..
picco is offline   Reply With Quote