Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #16
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilikins View Post
... Lenovo still hadn't got around to canceling my order (from Wednesday), so I told them to put it back on the production line. ...
Did they tell you when to expect delivery?
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #17
sjfwhite
Enthusiast
sjfwhite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Apple iPad Mini 2
Amazing Sunday service from ddiljohn@kobo.com (I felt kind of guilty emailing him today). I had sent a cancellation request to the general help@kobo.com account yesterday with no response but the email Darrell was responded to immediately and my order was cancelled within 5 minutes. Kudos to Kobo!
sjfwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #18
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I emailed him too and got my ordered cancelled by him this morning! His name is Darrell. He also offered to answer any of my other questions, so I asked him about the YouTube issue a bunch of us have been having, as I still haven't sent a Kobo a message about this. I am guessing he'll be quick with a response!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #19
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Emailed him too and my order was cancelled in about 10 minutes. I had picked mine up locally so didn't need it anymore.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:06 PM   #20
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
I e-mailed him about this:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=155200

He just phoned me! Good service.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #21
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Quote:
Did they tell you when to expect delivery?
Still on schedule as before, since they hadn't taken it out of the order line. I'm a little worried that the non-cancellation message won't catch up, and it will move on to some other order. Oh well. I see some people are getting emails from Kobo that it won't ship until Nov. 7, and the Lenovo says Nov. 9. ::

I haven't got a cancellation confirmation yet from Kobo. If I don't get it tomorrow afternoon, maybe I'll bug Darrell.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:08 AM   #22
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sueran View Post
Great idea, taming! Does the Vox have a serial number? Or are they all just the same? I tried calling Kobo to cancel my pre-order as it still shows Pending, no shipment tracking number. They told me that Tier Two customer care would get back to me in a few days; so I asked if the delay in getting back to me means that a Vox does get shipped to me then how do I return it to them. She couldn't (or wouldn't) answer that question. Just copied me on her email to Tier Two. I love my old Kobo and am really excited to get the Vox, but not always pleased with their customer service.
Exact same story here! Haven't heard from them yet...am not using the $10 card in case I have to return the one I ordered from Kobo (guess my idea wasn't so original...lol). I sent an email tonight to ask that they confirm the cancellation. My order is still pending in my account screen right now.
They don't track the serial number of the Vox at point of sale so no problem doing the switch.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 AM   #23
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueran View Post
Great idea, taming! Does the Vox have a serial number? Or are they all just the same? I tried calling Kobo to cancel my pre-order as it still shows Pending, no shipment tracking number. They told me that Tier Two customer care would get back to me in a few days; so I asked if the delay in getting back to me means that a Vox does get shipped to me then how do I return it to them. She couldn't (or wouldn't) answer that question. Just copied me on her email to Tier Two. I love my old Kobo and am really excited to get the Vox, but not always pleased with their customer service.
Exact same story here! Haven't heard from them yet...am not using the $10 card in case I have to return the one I ordered from Kobo (guess my idea wasn't so original...lol). I sent an email tonight to ask that they confirm the cancellation. My order is still pending in my account screen right now.
They don't track the serial number of the Vox at point of sale so no problem doing the switch.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 AM   #24
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
Email Darrell. We should almost pool funds together and send him a thank you basket or something, he's been extremely helpful and cheerful.
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:06 PM   #25
Cdesja5
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post
Try contacting ddiljohn@kobo.com

Worked for me as he cancelled very quickly. Include your order number.
Darryl took care of it for me, he actually sent me a response late last night from home and promised to take care of it today when he went in to work. Which he did!