Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Globex
Globex began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs-t1
Relaunch & default reader after rooting? [Sony prs-t1]

Hello everybody,

today, I decided to root my Sony Prs-t1, primarily for the benefit of better file management via Relaunch. The rooting of the device and installation of the app worked fine.

I'm very happy with the default reading app/text layout and planned to continue using it for reading the files. Then, in the settings of Relaunch Settings -> Association -> .epub -> Explicit application, I chose the standard reader app for epub files.

Unfortunately, I can't open any file this way. After tapping on the file, the screen "refreshes" and shows me the same folder with the unopened file.

However when I press the home button and choose Home instead of ReLaunch, I can use the default reader app as if I would use the unrooted device.

Did something go wrong? Is it possible at all to use the original reader app in combination with ReLaunch for better file management?

Thanks for your help,

Mike
Globex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:14 AM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Yes, that's a bug with relaunch and other file managers. Have a look here for working ones:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/PRST...#File_Managers
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert