Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Book Designer and Windows 7

Has anyone loaded and used Book Designer under the new Windows 7? Any problems? Is there any difference between the 32 bit system and the 64 bit?

My 15 year old HP pavilion Lap Top will eventually have to be replaced and I trying to decide the best way to go. Win XP would be my first choice but I can find no drivers that work with the new machines.

Thanks,Charlie
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:40 PM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I run it under Windows 7 64-bit. There was an old thread around here with some tips/tricks for installing it on Vista, which pretty much applies to Windows 7 as well.

You don't want to install it into the C:\Program Files directories, but rather somewhere else. That'll help with permissions issues. There are also a couple libraries you need to register by hand from a command prompt running as Administrator. If you need to use PDFCreator, there is a trick for installing that as well.

It's all in the thread. I'll see if I can find it. I usually have to refer back to it whenever I need to re-install my system, so you'd think I would have it bookmarked by now. Oh well.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2010, 04:47 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Here's one of the threads...

Look for a list of steps from "Chris", around post #15 I think.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13099
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Checkout the Wiki for Book Designer, it has a section on getting BD to work with Vista.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Book_Designer
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote