Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
FB2 and TOC

Just a minor quibble here, but I had to notice that your FB2 plugin lacks , sadly, the ability to add a TOC to the format. As my PocketBook thrives on those FB2s, I'd like to know if there will be an evolution of that particular tool or if I have to go look somewhere else for a more complete conversion?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Adding a TOC to FB2 output should be easy, but FB2 is user_none's baby, so he will have to comment.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
I will look into this.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 AM   #4
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've committed a change that will allow for TOC to be created. It still needs work but it's a start. The text is broken into sections based on h1 tags and the h1 tags themselves are turned into <title> for the section. From what I've found there is not actual TOC for FB2 it is generated dynamically based upon the presence of <section><title>text</title>. It's limited right now because the entire FB2 output code needs to be rewritten. Once that is complete this will work better.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:04 AM   #5
mandros
mandros began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V5
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
I've committed a change that will allow for TOC to be created. It still needs work but it's a start. The text is broken into sections based on h1 tags and the h1 tags themselves are turned into <title> for the section. From what I've found there is not actual TOC for FB2 it is generated dynamically based upon the presence of <section><title>text</title>. It's limited right now because the entire FB2 output code needs to be rewritten. Once that is complete this will work better.
I opened this bug (http://bugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/5017) and it was closed as FB2 does not support a real TOC. As I see in this thread you are working to use sections so Hanlin readers (and maybe others) will be able to auto generate an automatic TOC.

Is this correct ?

Is still work in progress ?

Thank you very much for your work.
mandros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #6
user_none

The h1 change was removed. calibre has the ability to specify what parts of the book to use for generating a TOC. Hard coding h1 tags works but does not use this functionality at all. Also it prevents the user from stopping TOC generation. Kovid and I were unable to come up with a solution for FB2 mainly because it does not actually have an external TOC. At this time it is not supported.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:15 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
You may have the problem because you use old specs for the fb2 format. Actually, the newer format specification does support an external TOC. I don't know thoughif this has already been translated to english. I'll check that together with Forkosigan and will transfer that to you if you are still interested in ameliorating your FB2 creation.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
You may have the problem because you use old specs for the fb2 format. Actually, the newer format specification does support an external TOC. I don't know thoughif this has already been translated to english. I'll check that together with Forkosigan and will transfer that to you if you are still interested in ameliorating your FB2 creation.
That would be appreciated.