Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 04:34 PM   #166
atomQ
atomQ began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Does anybody know how annotated and highlighted pdf files can be transferred to the PC with all the annotation and highlights? I use PB903 with the latest public firmware.
Many thanks!
atomQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:56 AM   #167
mike0liver
Yellow Baron
mike0liver began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Book 360
Problem with Footnotes on PB360

I'm not sure this is the correct thread for this posting but I can't work out how to start a new thread.

I have downloaded a copy of a non-fiction book to my PB360 in ePub format but it has a very strange way of dealing with footnotes and their superscript notations in the body text.

Is there a better way of making footnotes appear as they would in the hard copy of the book - say by changing the format?

Cheers,

Mike
mike0liver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 09:07 AM   #168
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
too stupid [me]

Hi I see all these great add ons for the pocket book, but still I'm to stupid to find out, how to install them

I'll mount my PB on my linux machine and can browse the folders, but placing poterm in the applications dir won't do any good (not that I expected it to work that way...
So please hint me to the obvious, Thanks

EDIT:
double stupid. I guess device must be rebooted to find the new app?

I now can select it, but error on programm start.
New firmware needed?
D603.2.0.6 20110331_115854 currently

Edit2:
newe firmware, same problem.
I used file to find out som more about applications and get:
poterm: executable for ARM, GNU/Linux 2.4.3
scribble:executable for ARM, GNU/Linux 2.6.14

so I got the wrong version of poterm?

EDIT3:
after reading more carefully I got the right version (.app and .ini) so now it works.

..BUT I want to be able to attach a ahrdware keyboard via USB ;-)

Last edited by mclien; 07-04-2012 at 10:45 AM.
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:31 PM   #169
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclien View Post
..BUT I want to be able to attach a ahrdware keyboard via USB ;-)
The USB is not set up as a host, so it won't work with a keyboard plugged into it. Some Bluetooth keyboards work, but the firmware only accepts certain key presses from them (corresponding to button presses on the device). I don't think anyone has been able to use a keyboard to type notes, say.

If you just want a decent terminal, then there are a few available that work over WiFi. You can attach from your desktop and type comfortably from there. See Paola's sticky thread on stuff for the "new" Pro devices to find links to a collection of shell applications (and other fun stuff).
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #170
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
no USB host mode, I think that came across some time before. BTW, is that a hardware issue or is that only possible to solve within the closed part of the firmware?
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #171
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclien View Post
no USB host mode, I think that came across some time before. BTW, is that a hardware issue or is that only possible to solve within the closed part of the firmware?
I don't know. The following shows up when booting:

Code:
<4>_udc_init__s3c_udc_probe_[S3C USB-OTG MODE] : DMA
but I don't know if that means the hardware really supports OTG, or if it's just looking to see if it does.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote