Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 10:42 AM   #136
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpayment View Post
I'm trying to make the new version of fbreader for PocketBook the default for my 902, which by the way, I absolutely love! I've followed all the instructions, except, where the instruction says to paste the extensions.cfg file into the X:\system\config directory, there's no such thing on my device. The only config directories I can find are either X:\system\profiles\Dan or X:\system\profiles\default. Is it one of these that I'm supposed to use, and if so, which one? I'm very nervous about "experimenting" with the 902, I REALLY don't want to "brick" it. Somebody help, please?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
This difference exists since you can configure different prodiles on your PB readers. So, in your case, it would be X:\system\profiles\Dan.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 PM   #137
CrocodileG
CrocodileG began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Angry

Hi, I just bought PocketBook 602, and having the following issue: whenever I press forward or backward buttons, I am getting the next (or previous) page. But then, 5-10 seconds later, device moves yet another page ahead - in other words it navigates two pages instead of one. It behaves the same way with menus - when I open a menu, 5-10 seconds later device opens the first item listed on the menu, as if it were clicked. There is positively no way to stay on the selected page, and device is practically unusable. I am wondering if it is a known issue, or unit defect. I contacted tech support, but got no response so far.
Note: I haven't update firmware yet since I don't have microSD card at the moment. Can I boot it from USB flash drive?
CrocodileG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 07:12 AM   #138
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileG View Post
Hi, I just bought PocketBook 602, and having the following issue: whenever I press forward or backward buttons, I am getting the next (or previous) page. But then, 5-10 seconds later, device moves yet another page ahead - in other words it navigates two pages instead of one. It behaves the same way with menus - when I open a menu, 5-10 seconds later device opens the first item listed on the menu, as if it were clicked. There is positively no way to stay on the selected page, and device is practically unusable. I am wondering if it is a known issue, or unit defect. I contacted tech support, but got no response so far.
Note: I haven't update firmware yet since I don't have microSD card at the moment. Can I boot it from USB flash drive?
Hmm.
This sounds like a technical problem. Please try to get an SD card and do the update. If this problem continues, you'll have to send in the device for repair.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #139
OlivierG
OlivierG began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 602
Hi, Is SD card really compulsory to proceed to update? It seems I put last .bin update file directly on existing memory of my PB602 and it was able to update it.
OlivierG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:56 AM   #140
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Yes, Card isn't necessary for fw update.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #141
petricek
petricek began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 302
Angry Contrast with PB302

I have a new PB 302. I love it, love the features but I feel the background color is quite dark grey - ie the reading is black on grey. Is that correct and normal? Shouldn't the background be rather white? The only other e-book reader I've seen was a cheapy Evolve, its background color was real white.
What is your opinion?
petricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:36 PM   #142
ffred
Enthusiast
ffred began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IQ 701
A thousand or more apps at freewarelovers.com

I see nothing in this thread about freewarelovers.com, a site listing over a thousand android apps that can be loaded directly to your PocketBook IQ. Too bad they're not linked to SlideMe, but it doesn't matter - just use your browser and go there. I've so far successfully installed Kindle for android and Pandora (free version with ads). Nook installation was unsuccessful, but I'll keep trying. Nook is such a memory hog that, since I have a basic Nook anyway, I might give it up and install Abobe Flash Player instead and use the Nook for daytime reading. I thought that 2 GB would hold almost unlimited 4 and 5 MB apps, but my PB has trouble swallowing the (relatively) large B&N file.
After some initial disappointment with the touchscreen (I'm used to the very sensitive capacitive screen on my Palm Pre) I am refining my touch technique and am much happier than I was at first.
I'm also very impressed with the Aldiko reader, particularly it customization features. I'm reading in the dark with a black background and green type - very easy on the eyes.
I'm also reading my email on-the-go, but not answering because of the not-so-good keyboard options. I hope BlindType is available soon.
I think that the PocketBook IQ could sweep the market if it had a more sensitive (i.e., capacitive) touch screen. I would certainly pay as much for that as the Nook Color, especially after the promised 2.2 update. Watch out, iPad!
ffred
ffred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:45 AM   #143
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by petricek View Post
I have a new PB 302. I love it, love the features but I feel the background color is quite dark grey - ie the reading is black on grey. Is that correct and normal? Shouldn't the background be rather white? The only other e-book reader I've seen was a cheapy Evolve, its background color was real white.
What is your opinion?
grey is the colour, I'm not sure if it can be adjusted. I've, personally, just gotten used to it....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #144
AliceA
AliceA began at the beginning.

Device: None
My Pocketbook Pro 902 arrived today, and so far there's only one problem: I can't find the 'Settings' in the Fast Access Menu-- the one that pops up if I press the 'OK' button while in reading mode. I have a 'Zoom' button instead, but I really need to find the settings button! Please help.
AliceA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 AM   #145
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread....

Someone will 'pop' in and help you .... Good Luck ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #146
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceA View Post
My Pocketbook Pro 902 arrived today, and so far there's only one problem: I can't find the 'Settings' in the Fast Access Menu-- the one that pops up if I press the 'OK' button while in reading mode. I have a 'Zoom' button instead, but I really need to find the settings button! Please help.
The options you get are a function of the file type and the reader app you are using.
If you go back to the bookshelf and long- press the center button you'll get a popup menu. If it offers an option to "open with" you can choose fbreader for drm-free ebook files and some document files.
That one has a settings pick.
Note that these settings are not the same you access from the main menu but rather application settings instead of device settings.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #147
Sunlite
Addict
Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sunlite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KObo Clara, Kobo Aura, PRS-T1, PB602, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
If you go back to the bookshelf and long- press the center button you'll get a popup menu. If it offers an option to "open with" you can choose fbreader for drm-free ebook files and some document files.
Just so people are not confused if the quoted procedure does not work.
The standard key mapping in the 60x/90x have no function mapped to the long press on OK. The feature can be reached through the menu button (right side with an open book as icon).
Sunlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:19 PM   #148
erverg
erverg began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Book cover thumbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivierG View Post
About Tip's, do you know if books can be sorted by Author instead of name of book?
+1. I am really looking forward to an answer on that too.

Another thing, I can't figure out how book covers thumbnails are generated. All my ebooks have a cover on 1st page of the epub file, in the metadata and in a separated jpg file. However the PB602 library won't display some covers, whereas there is absolutely no issue on Calibre.

Anyone please could help ?

erverg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:51 PM   #149
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by erverg View Post
+1. I am really looking forward to an answer on that too.

Another thing, I can't figure out how book covers thumbnails are generated. All my ebooks have a cover on 1st page of the epub file, in the metadata and in a separated jpg file. However the PB602 library won't display some covers, whereas there is absolutely no issue on Calibre.

Anyone please could help ?

You can set Calibre "Settings->Save on Device" to all kinds of Folder management, but then you have to use the files tab instead of library.
AFAIK Thumbnails are only shown for epub files, definitely not for PDFs
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:49 PM   #150
erverg
erverg began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
Thx for answering.

Well that's the point, I want to avoid the file navigation tab which is not very dynamic in terms of sorting/filtering.

All my ebooks are epubs, just some covers are displayed as thumbs and some others aren't. And I am wondering why, since Calibre display them all.
erverg is offline   Reply With Quote