Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #166
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
I use the internal card for this exact purpose and a2sd works fine.
I keep getting a not found error on a2sd even though i have followed the steps... I am probably too tired right now

so, you have to su and a2sd setup?
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:35 AM   #167
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
I keep getting a not found error on a2sd even though i have followed the steps... I am probably too tired right now

So the card is partitioned, formatted with ext3 and the ext3 partition is empty?
Coredump-EE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 11:44 AM   #168
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:

I use a 1Gig microSD
1st Partition: Primary/FAT32/~700Mb
2nd Partition: Primary/EXT3/~300MB

adb shell
#su
#a2sd setup
#reboot

Coredump-EE: You coded for the event of EXT3 not being empty. I had to rerun a2sd when EXT3 was not empty, a2sd did prompt for the overwrite.

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 01-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:22 PM   #169
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur
Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Coredump-EE once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
I use a 1Gig microSD
1st Partition: Primary/FAT32/~700Mb
2nd Partition: Primary/EXT3/~300MB

adb shell
#su
#a2sd setup
#reboot

Coredump-EE: You coded for the event of EXT3 not being empty. I had to rerun a2sd when EXT3 was not empty, a2sd did prompt for the overwrite.

Cheers
Heh, true. I forgot. But you shouldn't need to su. You should be root right after adb shell.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #170
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredump-EE View Post
Heh, true. I forgot. But you shouldn't need to su. You should be root right after adb shell.
I did not know that you would get root after adb shell. However, it won't work without su on my computer.

Cheers
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 09:56 AM   #171
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
So the card is partitioned, formatted with ext3 and the ext3 partition is empty?
I did... I have partitioned the external Sd card so I think this is what I did wrong.

I did everything else as described so it seems t be the only thing I can see.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #172
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
I did... I have partitioned the external Sd card so I think this is what I did wrong.

I did everything else as described so it seems t be the only thing I can see.
My guess is that the ext3 fs is not readable. Try to mkfs.ext3 again.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #173
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
My guess is that the ext3 fs is not readable. Try to mkfs.ext3 again.
I am using Linux and GParted. Any suggestions?
Old 01-08-2011, 05:45 PM   #174
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
Well, can you mount the partition on your Linux box?
I've never used GParted, sorry.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #175
Icewyng
Addict

GParted is a graphical version of parted One of the good partition utility.

It can be mounted yes... That is why I am a bit puzzled.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 PM   #176
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Have you tried inspecting the partition flags?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #177
Coredump-EE
Connoisseur

Quote:
GParted is a graphical version of parted One of the good partition utility.

It can be mounted yes... That is why I am a bit puzzled.
Could you try this a2sd and pastebin the output?

It's a bit more verbose with debugging enabled.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #178
Icewyng
Addict

Quote:
Could you try this a2sd and pastebin the output?

It's a bit more verbose with debugging enabled.
Will do. I will report back with the results.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #179
Icewyng
Addict

*shakes head* found out what was wrong.

I did not root my IQ with z4root and tried another method, which worked great. However, no busybox...

I feel so dumb right now...

Just curious... did anyone create a linux swap partition to see if it makes any difference?

Last edited by Icewyng; 01-09-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #180
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Hi,

I am thinking about giving the whole market stuff and the app2sd another go, so i went looking for a sd card to experiment on. Does anyone know if the IQ has any trouble with class 10 cards? I can get a 16GB c 10 for a very nice price, but don't want to burn my fingers if it does not work, since my DSRL does not support better then 8GB And that is the only use i have for full size SD cards

Thanks,

Wilco
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote