Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 PM   #91
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
This didn't work for me yesterday. My PB360 froze within 30 minutes of installing the new firmware update. I had it connected to my PC, disconnected (safely remove hardware), and then the reader froze. The power button wouldn't work to turn it off, so I was about to reset it when I remembered this tip. I plugged the USB cable back in and the light changed from green to orange indicating that it was charging, but the screen didn't change at all.

I ended up using the reset button five minutes later.
Mmmm... I admit I had tried that in the middle of a book, but I just did it twice, so I can't reallygive much history of the cases where it didn't work.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:17 AM   #92
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
This didn't work for me yesterday. My PB360 froze within 30 minutes of installing the new firmware update. I had it connected to my PC, disconnected (safely remove hardware), and then the reader froze. The power button wouldn't work to turn it off, so I was about to reset it when I remembered this tip. I plugged the USB cable back in and the light changed from green to orange indicating that it was charging, but the screen didn't change at all.

I ended up using the reset button five minutes later.
Oh well. Please report in more detail (What viewer, what format and so on)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #93
Cris
Cris began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 302
pocketbook 302 troubles

Dear all,
I just bought a Pocketbook 302. Great device ! works just fine and I am really pleased to have it. It has only one problem: as I turn the device horizontally the image doesn't flip allong. It does flip if I push the "back" button, but not by it self. The settings are right, at "appearance" I have set "auto" so it should be allright. I have calibrate the hydro sensor but no change. Or I'm doeing something wrong. Please help if know how to correct. Many thanks ! Cris.
Cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:57 PM   #94
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris View Post
Dear all,
I just bought a Pocketbook 302. Great device ! works just fine and I am really pleased to have it. It has only one problem: as I turn the device horizontally the image doesn't flip allong. It does flip if I push the "back" button, but not by it self. The settings are right, at "appearance" I have set "auto" so it should be allright. I have calibrate the hydro sensor but no change. Or I'm doeing something wrong. Please help if know how to correct. Many thanks ! Cris.
Are you talking about the boot screen image? That one is not "flipping". The g-sensor only works in texts or menus.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:36 AM   #95
Cris

Hello mtravellerh, thank you for your reaction ! No, I was aware of that. I'm talking about the menus and the text as well. They are not flipping, except for the manually option. If I turn my PB from it's vertical position to the horizontal one they don't flip automatically, only if I press the "back" button (the round one in the middle of the PB).
Old 06-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #96
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Hello mtravellerh, thank you for your reaction ! No, I was aware of that. I'm talking about the menus and the text as well. They are not flipping, except for the manually option. If I turn my PB from it's vertical position to the horizontal one they don't flip automatically, only if I press the "back" button (the round one in the middle of the PB).
Have you tried to calibrate the G-sensor, in Settings? That helps sometimes when the device is unresponsive to the whole turning.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:51 AM   #97
Cris

I have calibrated the G-sensor many times. The PB flips correctly into the right position, but only manually. It was flipping into the wrong position for a while, like when turning from vertical position to horizontal it was flipping 180° upside down. But after calibrating the G-sensor it flips correctly now. The only trouble is that it doesn't flip by it self. It seems that the PB doesn't react or remember the "auto" setting within the "appearance" settings.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #98
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
I have calibrated the G-sensor many times. The PB flips correctly into the right position, but only manually. It was flipping into the wrong position for a while, like when turning from vertical position to horizontal it was flipping 180° upside down. But after calibrating the G-sensor it flips correctly now. The only trouble is that it doesn't flip by it self. It seems that the PB doesn't react or remember the "auto" setting within the "appearance" settings.
This sounds unacceptable. Where did you buy the reader?
Old 06-03-2010, 04:06 AM   #99
Cris

Hi mtravellerh, I bought my PB at www.ebookreaderstore.nl. They seem helpful and kind, they promised to help by sending an e-mail with the problem to the producer of the device. Still waiting for their reply.
One would say that the problem could be solved by
1. Firmware update 15.2
2. Hard reset of the device
Unfortunately I couldn’t find too much info about either of this items. In one of your threads I saw a link to the firmware 15.2 but the link doesn’t work for me (page no found). And hard reset … how do I do that ? (if it would help anyway). I really love this device, it's a pitty that I got this trouble. Can you help ? And by the way: the image flips correctly and automatically if the device is connected to the PC through the USB cable or to the net through the power cable. Strange, right ?

Last edited by Cris; 06-03-2010 at 04:14 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:36 AM   #100
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Hi mtravellerh, I bought my PB at www.ebookreaderstore.nl. They seem helpful and kind, they promised to help by sending an e-mail with the problem to the producer of the device. Still waiting for their reply.
One would say that the problem could be solved by
1. Firmware update 15.2
2. Hard reset of the device
Unfortunately I couldn’t find too much info about either of this items. In one of your threads I saw a link to the firmware 15.2 but the link doesn’t work for me (page no found). And hard reset … how do I do that ? (if it would help anyway). I really love this device, it's a pitty that I got this trouble. Can you help ? And by the way: the image flips correctly and automatically if the device is connected to the PC through the USB cable or to the net through the power cable. Strange, right ?
Let's try one thing first if you may:

Just plug a power cable on or use the power cable. Then turn your 302 on and hold both small buttons on the side (left and right)
Follow the instructions shown on the screen
Wait

This should reset the device to default status. Please do backup your reader before doing this.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:55 AM   #101
Cris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Let's try one thing first if you may:

Just plug a power cable on or use the power cable. Then turn your 302 on and hold both small buttons on the side (left and right)
Follow the instructions shown on the screen
Wait

This should reset the device to default status. Please do backup your reader before doing this.
Done. I have placed also a backup on the SD card. After resetting the device it flips automatically with the cable pluged in, but still not if I pull the cable out. So, no change so far.
An interesting add: If I hold my PB vertically(or horizontally) watching the main menu page or a book and I open a next menu (for example going to settings or page the book) but at the same time I turn my PB to horizontal (or anyway turn 90°) it flips correctly
into the right position when I go back to the first image(main menu or other book page). It flips correctly only when a command is given. Like it listens only to any button push but not to “auto” set.

Last edited by Cris; 06-03-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:04 AM   #102
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Done. I have placed also a backup on the SD card. After resetting the device it flips automatically with the cable pluged in, but still not if I pull the cable out. So, no change so far.
Strange. Never heard of this behaviour before. Please send the device to ndigo, our official retailers in NL (find the address on ebookreaders) and write a letter of explanation and tell Emile, the support person with ebookreaderstore, that you have talked with me about this. We will try to repair or replace your device as soon as possible.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #103
Cris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Strange. Never heard of this behaviour before. Please send the device to ndigo, our official retailers in NL (find the address on ebookreaders) and write a letter of explanation and tell Emile, the support person with ebookreaderstore, that you have talked with me about this. We will try to repair or replace your device as soon as possible.
Great, thank you mtravellerh ! one last observation: If my PB is on "bussy" and the green light is "on" on the right top of the device (it is on when I give any comand by any push button to change actual image) it flips just perfectly. I have like 1 - 2 seconds to change the position of my PB and the image flips just fine. As soon as the greenlight turns of it doesn't flip along any more. Than I have to push a button again and use that 1 - 2 seconds to turn my PB. It works in any position I want but just as long as the green light is on. Is this how it should be ?
Old 06-03-2010, 05:32 AM   #104
mtravellerh
book creator

No, this is not the way it should work. Fine if it does and you might use that possibility, but thge problem's still there. In fact, the g-sensor should work whenever you flip the device and the green light should show the activity of the g-sensor, not the other way around.

So the choice is up to you basically. if you can live with the way it works now, you're welcome to do it. We will send you a little bonus because of the problem. Otherwise we will go ahead and proceed as proposed above. Your choice.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:26 AM   #105
tomh
tomh doesn't littertomh doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7.2, Aura H2O
I found the same things as Cris. Changing the device position seems to queue a flip request but the move does not happen until you push a button. I also found if you change the device position a couple times and then do something that makes the device busy for an extended period (change font size in Fbreader) then several flips happen in sequence, almost like the reader had queued the requests but was unable to process them until something else happened. Could there be an issue with how a work queue is processed?
tomh is offline   Reply With Quote