Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 05:13 AM   #76
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
Nope reboot didn't help which I didn't think it would. It just sits with the hour glass.
Does it open as an app with a different theme?
Does calendar work on your unit when selected from menu from different theme?
Is it the same app?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #77
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
How about a sticky thread with links for known Themes and a screenshot or two?
And another for the various apps; it's great the stuff exists but if we can't find our way to it from the Pocketbook site or here...

Like the tree in the forest thing; does an app/theme really exist if nobody knows of it?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:48 AM   #78
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
How about a sticky thread with links for known Themes and a screenshot or two?
And another for the various apps; it's great the stuff exists but if we can't find our way to it from the Pocketbook site or here...

Like the tree in the forest thing; does an app/theme really exist if nobody knows of it?
I'd sticky up the thread if someone wants to make this thread. I'm all for it, too. I'm afraid I'm just a bit too busy right now to do it myself (seeking out those links does take a lot of time)
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #79
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Does it open as an app with a different theme?
Does calendar work on your unit when selected from menu from different theme?
Is it the same app?
It does not open via Applications at all with any theme. I tried default theme and the exact same thing happens. Hour glass pops up and nothing happens. Green light stays on as well. Have to hold down both wing buttons to get it to respond.

The Calender does open from the main menu with a different theme.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #80
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Been playing with this all morning trying to get Calender to open under Applications and nothing has worked. I tried 4/5 different themes. When you put the calender.app into the games folder. It creates a empty calender folder in the system folder. I tried placing calender.app in there as well. Didn't open. I tried placing in both locations at the same time. Still didn't open.

The 'five' theme in the main page is decent but I could live without it. But what makes it great is the 'easy' view. I like it very much. So I will have to live without the calender for now. So I think the only hope of getting to use my calender with the 'five' theme is if someone modifies the theme in the future.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #81
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns4Hire View Post
The 'five' theme in the main page is decent but I could live without it. But what makes it great is the 'easy' view. I like it very much.
I'm the same. I don't really like how 'five' puts the books I'm reading into two columns, but I love the easy view. I wonder that tiny font is customizable at all.

I don't use the calendar at all, so that's not a big issue for me. Having said that, though, a theme shouldn't take away part of the functionality of the device.

As for a sticky with links to themes, apps, etc. I'd LOVE that.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:21 PM   #82
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
I've spent some time with the FIVE theme, trying out different fonts to see what works best in easy mode. I eventually settled on New Century Schoolbook Bold; it makes the author list readable.
The Theme does pretty much everything I would have a theme do if I were coding one myself and it is faster than the other themes I've tried that display ten last-opened books. (Or Nine in this case.) I even like the reduction in the number of icons at the bottom.
Clean, lean, and very efficient theme.
Only thing I'd like changed is the author sort; it doesn't sort by last name but by first name. Sub-optimal, that. But the price *is* right, no?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:31 PM   #83
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
I've spent some time with the FIVE theme, trying out different fonts to see what works best in easy mode. I eventually settled on New Century Schoolbook Bold; it makes the author list readable.
The Theme does pretty much everything I would have a theme do if I were coding one myself and it is faster than the other themes I've tried that display ten last-opened books. (Or Nine in this case.) I even like the reduction in the number of icons at the bottom.
Clean, lean, and very efficient theme.
Only thing I'd like changed is the author sort; it doesn't sort by last name but by first name. Sub-optimal, that. But the price *is* right, no?
I have found another theme with Easy view.
I like this new one more than Five
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=12
It even comes with sources so you can fine-tune any detail you wish.
Oh ... and it does have Calendar ;-)
Old 05-03-2010, 08:30 AM   #84
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
*cough, cough*

I've made a tool to create boot/startup images.
Runs in the browser. I think it's intuitive. Have a look.

Logo Maker

Last edited by norciom; 12-18-2010 at 04:40 AM.
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #85
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
A little curious thing. If your device hangs while reading, try plugging it to the power supply or to a USB port (i.e. charge it). You'll have the device responding again without needing to touch the reset button.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 AM   #86
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
How are .pbt themes archived? I've tried zip, gunzip, tar, bunzip2, rar and 7z and none of them recognize the format.

I know there are files in there; 'strings reduser1.pbt' returns a list of images and some junk that I assume is the compressed configuration.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 03:21 AM   #87
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
How are .pbt themes archived? I've tried zip, gunzip, tar, bunzip2, rar and 7z and none of them recognize the format.

I know there are files in there; 'strings reduser1.pbt' returns a list of images and some junk that I assume is the compressed configuration.
U need THIS Editor to view/make them.
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #88
brainycat
PocketBook 302 FTW!
brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.brainycat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 302, upgraded from PRS-600
I've d/l that editor, I assume all the goodies are in those win32 binaries? That doesn't do a lot of good for those of us using other OS's, unfortunately.
brainycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:04 PM   #89
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainycat View Post
I've d/l that editor, I assume all the goodies are in those win32 binaries? That doesn't do a lot of good for those of us using other OS's, unfortunately.
I have managed to run it under wine.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #90
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
A little curious thing. If your device hangs while reading, try plugging it to the power supply or to a USB port (i.e. charge it). You'll have the device responding again without needing to touch the reset button.
This didn't work for me yesterday. My PB360 froze within 30 minutes of installing the new firmware update. I had it connected to my PC, disconnected (safely remove hardware), and then the reader froze. The power button wouldn't work to turn it off, so I was about to reset it when I remembered this tip. I plugged the USB cable back in and the light changed from green to orange indicating that it was charging, but the screen didn't change at all.

I ended up using the reset button five minutes later.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote