Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.42%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.21%
haven't used yet 208 56.37%
Voters: 369. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #571
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I installed 4.5 onto my K4NT 4.1.0, and it said it installed fine, but how on Earth do I get into it? Every time I reboot my Kindle, it just boots straight into KindleOS, I never get the option to boot into Duokan 2012?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #572
goofy01
goofy01 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
a little problem

when i switch off the kindle 4 NT with duokan, immediately i see a blank screen but after 30 seconds i see a page with the titles of the book that i have on my kindle.

this page is frozen so if i move the cursor nothing happens, if i switch on the kindle the same page became active
my doubt is if the frozen page could give some problem to the screen of the kindle
goofy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #573
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy01 View Post
my doubt is if the frozen page could give some problem to the screen of the kindle
No permanent harm, it is a reflective display.

Perhaps a bit of ghosting or smearing after displaying the same image for a long time (months). But that will clear up by itself with normal use.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #574
goofy01

someone knows the changelog of the new version

2012.06.13.c11513 for kindle nt ?

is sure to update by wi-fi or i have to update manually?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #575
vrobert
vrobert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Duokan 2012 for Kindle touch in English

Hi 4 all,

One question:
Is there an english version of duokan for kindle touch in english?
If yes, where can I download it?
Because I have downloaded one version from earlier posts in this topic, and installed it, but unfortunately its in chinese.

Thanks 4 all.
vrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #576
oliwausb
oliwausb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4 touch
From what I understood in this thread... they won´t come out with the capability to switch language until July! But for the same reason I would like to know how to uninstall Duokan. On restart my Kindle directly boots into Duokan w/o the option to choose between Kindle OS and Duokan. Supposedly there is an uninstall button on the menue page... but what does it look like?

Cheers from Germany
oliwausb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #577
vrobert
vrobert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliwausb View Post
From what I understood in this thread... they won´t come out with the capability to switch language until July! But for the same reason I would like to know how to uninstall Duokan. On restart my Kindle directly boots into Duokan w/o the option to choose between Kindle OS and Duokan. Supposedly there is an uninstall button on the menue page... but what does it look like?

Cheers from Germany
I have done the uninstall this way:
Deleted every duokan file from kindle, and in the settings tab on the last page i have selected the first button (in middle of the screen), and in the dialog box which came up, i have selected first button. Then in a few seconds kindle rebooted to its original firmware.

I hope, it will be an english version, because I have tried reading PDFs in duokan, and its much better than in the original kindle firmware.
vrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #578
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy01 View Post
someone knows the changelog of the new version

2012.06.13.c11513 for kindle nt ?

is sure to update by wi-fi or i have to update manually?
here
Quote:
Epub the dotmobi the css style support is more perfect (optimization)
(a) to adjust the CSS layout logic, perfect for wrapping, the Margin, Padding processing.
(b) improve the support of the CSS background and border.
(c) amended paragraph spacing narrower than the line spacing error.
Optimization txt punctuation compression (optimization)
Account Center to modify the nickname for certain characters crashes (to fix the bug)
-------------------------------

Quote:
But for the same reason I would like to know how to uninstall Duokan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrobert View Post
I have done the uninstall this way:
Deleted every duokan file from kindle, and >> no need to this

this would be enough:
in the settings tab on the last page i have selected the first button (in middle of the screen), and in the dialog box which came up, i have selected first button. Then in a few seconds kindle rebooted to its original firmware.
-----------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrobert View Post
I hope, it will be an english version, because I have tried reading PDFs in duokan, and its much better than in the original kindle firmware.

------------------------------

Quote:
On restart my Kindle directly boots into Duokan w/o the option to choose between Kindle OS and Duokan.
Did you try this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
To change the dual boot option to boot KindleOS as default OS after restart:
append this line to DK_System\Lite\config.ini on Kindle
Code:
DefaultSystem=3
(Thanks to jejer)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #579
chezz
chezz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
is there any way to disable hyphenation?
chezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #580
chaplin89
chaplin89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
New version (6-21): http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-65239-1-1.html
There are some bugfix (crash when opening epub file, incorrect rendering of epub/mobi ecc.)
still no support for localization on K5
chaplin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #581
hackintosh1984pl
hackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enoughhackintosh1984pl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
I want to test on my Kindle Doukana Touch, but I have some doubts:

- Whether it is possible the time off Kindervater choose which system I want to run ie whether Doukan whether this was originally uploaded to Amazon's Kindle OS?

I care about such a choice.

Because as far as I see it on this video http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/fnVqI0Xuems Doukan immediately after installation it runs the system Doukan

It may well be somewhere you can change the sytem is set as the default (eg, manually change the settings in the configuration file - but I saw the opportunity with other older models unless Kindle 3)

//sorry english language, I learning him
hackintosh1984pl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #582
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by hackintosh1984pl View Post
Whether it is possible the time off Kindervater choose which system I want to run ie whether Doukan whether this was originally uploaded to Amazon's Kindle OS?
Yes, you can switch between OSs via restarts. On the boot screen there is an option to choose an OS to load.( like Windows and Ubuntu on a PC)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:47 AM   #583
goofy01

one question

I set up the time on the Duokan but after a reboot the time is not correct

it happened more time

is only a my problem?
Old 06-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #584
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Evidently, whatever you did to "set up the time" did not update the hardware clock.
So update the hardware clock after "setting up the time" but before rebooting.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #585
cyrilhopkins
the_funtom
cyrilhopkins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Problem with index

I just tried the latest version of duokan 2012 (k3)2012-06-21.C11824.rtm from http://bbs.duokan.com/forum/thread-65239-1-1.html...... there have been significant improvements in speed and page cropping and smart view features.

But a constant struggle i've faced is with the index....for image based pdfs, it doesn't go the page indicated in the toc....wonder why!!!.....and I need this...esp for books with lots of pages.

Anyways I've reverted to the older Lite2011-12-08.C3283 which i find the most stable.....with no crashes at all......

What do you guys think.....will there ever be a stable version for duokan 2012?.....Please fix this bug.
cyrilhopkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf