Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
multiprose
Connoisseur
multiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheesemultiprose can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle
SVOX or IVONA speech voices?

hi does anyone know if SVOX or IVONA voices can be installed the T1?
multiprose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
Azhad
Azhad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, Milestone, Galaxy Tab
I can install svox classic, but not the voice packs (unknow error 18)

Loquendo work well, but it is limited to english
Azhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
bibahbuzemann
Addict
bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.bibahbuzemann solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhad View Post
I can install svox classic, but not the voice packs (unknow error 18)

Loquendo work well, but it is limited to english
And then what? Do you mean the T1 can read english ePubs to you?
bibahbuzemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
Azhad
Azhad began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505, Milestone, Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibahbuzemann View Post
And then what? Do you mean the T1 can read english ePubs to you?
Sure but you need to use cool reader or another TTS enabled ebook reader app tough.
Azhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
bartch
bartch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-t1
I also could install svox classic, but not the voice packs. After some research i found the solution! First, copy the apk of the voice (in my case the dutch voice of Lena, i bought it for my htc desire phone, and made a backup of the apk.) Copy this backed up apk to a map in your t1 (i used data/data). I used rootexplorer for this.
Then, unmount the SD card in your reader(just go to the settings of you rooted t1 and unmount the sd card).
Then, use rootexplorer again to install the apk, located in data/data. Now it installs fine!
Dont forget to mount your sd-card again! Afterwards I used Link2SD to move the app to my SD card. (i had to shut down the device once and restart it, because Link2SD didn't work anymore..) Then you go to settings - text-to-speech settings and make svox your default engine. After doing this, still in your text-to-speech setings, you have to configure SVOX and make the program download your voice-data (if everything goes well, it is going to download all the data to your sd-card (make sure your WIFI is on! It's about 19MB) Now you can use it with Coolreader or FBreader. On my HTC Desire it works better than on my Sony t1, but, thats probably because the processor in the t1 is weaker. The voice sometimes stutters a bit, but it's usable and a lot better than the standard Pico-tts engine.
Good luck!
Bart
bartch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Thor
Thor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Ivona runs without problems at my PRS-T1 (with Link2SD for the app itself).
I have to download the voices the first time I select Ivona as the default speech-app. Afterwards I am able to use them.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 02:01 AM   #7
jmseight
Zealot
jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jmseight knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3G, Kindle Touch 3G, iRiver Story HD, Sony Reader
Hi,

I found that Pico-TTS works very poorly compared to the Kindle. Would someone provide detailed instruction to install IVONA.

Thanks,
James
jmseight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #8
jessie102
Addict
jessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animalsjessie102 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: SONY PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmseight View Post
Hi,

I found that Pico-TTS works very poorly compared to the Kindle. Would someone provide detailed instruction to install IVONA.

Thanks,
James
1. Download the IVONA Main Speech APP and the Speaker Data of your choice on a compatible android device.

2. Backup both with Titanium Backup

3. Copy and extract the APK from the backup to a PC folder

4. Copy the APK into any folder in Reader

5. Install on Reader
jessie102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #9
Rhavon
Rhavon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Newly acquired PRST1 - please help!

I've recently purchased the Sony PRST1 and have managed to successfully root it. I'm running Gingerbread Market and whilst I've been able to download Moon+ reader easily and it works great, Market won't show the IVONA HQ app (and associated voices) nor Calibre Companion (both of which I want to download). I've read a lot of [confusing to me] posts and threads and being VERY new to all this (and Android), I'm finding it all quite overwhelming.

Is there a better app than Market for the PRST1? Is my version not running correctly or have others had the same problem? Is there a place to download various apk files for apps, thereby removing the complications and need for a second android device?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Rhavon; 09-25-2012 at 02:15 PM. Reason: clarification
Rhavon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:44 AM   #10
RefUser
himself
RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!RefUser , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PRS-T1,Nokia N900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie102 View Post
1. Download the IVONA Main Speech APP and the Speaker Data of your choice on a compatible android device.

2. Backup both with Titanium Backup

3. Copy and extract the APK from the backup to a PC folder

4. Copy the APK into any folder in Reader

5. Install on Reader
Why don't you use an alternative market like 1mobile etc.? They offer all Ivona apps as .apk downloads.

Last edited by RefUser; 09-27-2012 at 06:50 AM.
RefUser is offline   Reply With Quote