Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 04:04 AM   #22471
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
Well said. Explicit sex scenes are nowhere as titillating for me either now that I'm no longer a fourteen-year-old. I do remember reading the James Bond books and seeing the movies back in the day, which seemed hot then, but would be very tame now. I just jump over sex scenes now.
I just find them tedious in the extreme. I honestly don't know why authors put them in books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:01 AM   #22472
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color / Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I just find them tedious in the extreme. I honestly don't know why authors put them in books.
I agree. I neither not want nor need to experience sex second hand.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:38 AM   #22473
Dngrsone
Consider me unimpressed
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
Marathon binging C.J. Cherryh's Foreigner series (over halfway through Explorer now) since I've missed two, or three or??? recent books and couldn't remember which was the last one I read.

Started on June 4th, 2015.

Prior to that I stampeded through all nine of the Fleet of Worlds and Ringworld books in a bit under 3 weeks. The amount of reading time I get in a day varies. If I have all the time I want... I can chunk through a 450~500 page book in a single sitting, like I did with each of Forstchen's Lost Regiment series. Sit down Friday evening, close the back cover and hello Saturday sunrise.
Last time I tried to binge-read the Foreigner series, I think I stalled somewhere around book six. I love Cherryh, and that particular series (though I like Chanur and Cyteen better), there's just a certain threshold where I get tired of the same characters.

Next time around, I will read one or two, and take a break, read some light non-fic or something, then do the next one or two.

I think I am three books behind; but I am finding plenty to read without paying for new contemporary novels.

Still reading Punk Rock: An Oral History... this is more Dngrswife's read than mine, so it's a bit of a slog for me.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 07:48 AM   #22474
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Next up: Pyramid Power by Eric Flint and Dave Freer. It's ben a long time since I read Pyramid Scheme, but no doubt I'll pick things up fairly quickly. I bought this one back in February 2007!
Well, that was a fun romp through Norse mythology. Most enjoyable.

Next up: Fantasy Magazine #2, part of my kickstarter bundle.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:48 AM   #22475
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
Two more books completed:

"A River in the Sky", by Elizabeth Peters; the 19th and final book in the "Amelia Peabody" series of Egyptological mysteries. This book goes back in time to 1910 to describe the events when the Emersons spent the excavating season in Palestine, rather than their beloved Egypt. Extremely enjoyable. I'm really sad to have reached the end of this series, although slightly consoled by the thought that a final posthumous book, "The Painted Queen", is being released in July next year. I don't know if Elizabeth Peters finished it before her death, or if it's been completed by someone else.

"The Wizardry Cursed", by Rick Cook; the third book in the "Wiz Biz" series, and the first half of Baen's "Cursed and Consulted" omnibus. Very good indeed.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote