Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 01:52 PM   #256
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I have always used kobo desktop to set up my new e readers. I don't sync, so no need for WiFi on them.

Kobo desktop isn't compatible with the new models. I discovered this after going to update my version which I haven't used since I set up my Libra 2.

Had to set up a new kobo account since I can't remember which email address mine was set to so I could register and download the new firmware.

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
Liesse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:56 PM   #257
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ✍️🏝️♎️ Kobo Clara 2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen&Paper View Post
It looks very nice! I'm waiting for mine.

At what percentage was the frontlight on the picture with text only?
I can’t remember, but I’m sure it was high. I’ve attached two more pics here the first one at 100%, the second at 79%. In enjoying reading on it right now.

ETA. Not sure why my Kobo always looks green in these pics, but it gives you an idea of the kind of accuracy haha.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4002.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	207943   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4003.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	207944  
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:00 PM   #258
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liesse View Post
I have always used kobo desktop to set up my new e readers. I don't sync, so no need for WiFi on them.

Kobo desktop isn't compatible with the new models. I discovered this after going to update my version which I haven't used since I set up my Libra 2.

Had to set up a new kobo account since I can't remember which email address mine was set to so I could register and download the new firmware.

Did you download and install Kobo Desktop since getting the Libra Color? Chances are the one you have is an old version.

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 02:02 PM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:03 PM   #259
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
I find myself in the odd situation of preferring my Libra Colour in dim light. Before the slight unevenness of the front light with my Libra 2 would bother me at night. But now, I find the screen door effect (as others have called it) to be much worse during the day / in bright light. Also, I have to turn the brightness up to 100% to make the screen appear whiter like I'm used to, which makes me concerned for battery life.

So, yeah. Better reading experience for me in dimmer light. But I really like seeing the color content! I haven't decided yet whether I'm happy with it, but I think I am.
7hir7een is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:07 PM   #260
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Did you download and install Kobo Desktop since getting the Libra Color? Chances are the one you have is an old version.
Yep. It's not compatible.

Note: The Kobo Desktop app is not compatible with Google Chromebooks,*Kobo Libra Colour,*Kobo Clara Colour, or*Kobo Clara BW.

https://help.kobo.com/hc/en-us/artic...your-PC-or-Mac

Liesse is online now   Reply With Quote