Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Back to the 650.......

I have used my 350 for a couple of years. I originally had a 650 sold it and got a 350. I wanted a 6" reader again and was all set to get the aura or t3. The aura has too many screen issues and the t3 with its issues and not being available in the US turned me off. So i got a like new 650 the other day for 35 bucks. Good deal. I sold mine for $268 almost 2 years ago. The quality of these older sonys are awesome. So until the quality of the others improve. The 650 is more than enough reader for me.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
FacebookVirus
Hybrid reader
FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FacebookVirus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2; Sony PRS-350
re: quality of the older Sonys

I agree. Still have my first ereader, the 505, and brought it out recently with the intention of buying a new battery for it. Thought I'd use it as my main reader again, so I looked up its specs to refresh my memory. It has 256 MB of storage, so I reconsidered and decided to go with a basic Kindle instead.

Not going to be as happy with the sturdiness of the unit and I know I'll miss my Sonys as my main readers, but for the price it's still a good deal. We'll see how it goes.

Enjoy your *new* 650.
FacebookVirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I just purchased a Kindle PW2 and have been reading on it for the last couple of weeks. It's a great reader--but I still love both my 350 and 650. I have a feeling once the newness of my KPW2 wears off, I'll be reading on my Sonys as much as the KPW2.

Congrats on getting the 650 at such a great price!! Enjoy!
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
Fif23
Connoisseur
Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fif23 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Same here... I find no reason to replace the 650.
I just bought a 10 dollar clip-on light for it..
Fif23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Can you now get hold of replacement batteries for the 3/650's now fairly eaisly, and can you only get 'em Stateside ?

Oh, and a video/set of instructions on how to DIY would be handy, too.....

It was generally thought to be a bit of a no-no back a few years .
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Can you now get hold of replacement batteries for the 3/650's now fairly eaisly, and can you only get 'em Stateside ?

Oh, and a video/set of instructions on how to DIY would be handy, too.....

It was generally thought to be a bit of a no-no back a few years .
http://www.newpower99.com/ProductDet...FQSk4AodBFQAMg
Old 10-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
The 650 is a really great reader. I would go back to it had a front light.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I still love my 650 and use it almost every day. I agree with you in that for me, it's the perfect reader. I'm thinking about buying another one just in case something happens to mine.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #9
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1988 View Post
[url]www.newpower99.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SONY+PORTAB........ .............
Tony - thanks for this, I've e-m'd them re: getting one/two to UK .
The installation video is excellent, incidentally ....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #10
Tony1988
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I still love my 650 and use it almost every day. I agree with you in that for me, it's the perfect reader. I'm thinking about buying another one just in case something happens to mine.
Yeah i was thinking about a backup later as well. My girlfriend still has the one i bought her back in 2011.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Tony - thanks for this, I've e-m'd them re: getting one/two to UK .
The installation video is excellent, incidentally ....
Glad i could help. Let us know if you get one. They state this battery provides more reading time.