Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 11:59 AM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
New Kindle Fire Forum Section

We have added a new forum section for the Kindle Fire as a subsection to the Kindle section. Since this device is quite different in features and usage from the eInk Kindle devices it warranted it's own separate section rather than only having a pre-fix.

We discussed whether this should be in the Android section or the Kindle section and decided it was more an Amazon device than an Android device and most people would look for information in that area.

If you find any Kindle Fire specific threads you think should be in this section, please "report" the thread and ask us to move it.

Enjoy the discussions... and don't get burned.

Mobileread Moderation Team

Last edited by pilotbob; 10-03-2011 at 12:01 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
Oh, Why Not?
Groupie
Oh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blueOh, Why Not? can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Galaxy Note 2; KindleFireHDX
Thank you!
Oh, Why Not? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Could the same be done on the B&N forum to separate the Nook Color and Nook eInk readers? I don't know if it was brought up before or, if so, why it wasn't divied out. I think it would make the B&N forum more accessible for most of us.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
Could the same be done on the B&N forum to separate the Nook Color and Nook eInk readers? I don't know if it was brought up before or, if so, why it wasn't divied out. I think it would make the B&N forum more accessible for most of us.
Good point. The N color when it first came out was strictly a reader device. I guess it is more general table now. I'll see what the other mods think.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:17 PM   #5
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Good point. The N color when it first came out was strictly a reader device. I guess it is more general table now. I'll see what the other mods think.

BOb
Thanks!
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
photoluminations
photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.photoluminations could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: none
Great idea! I am polishing an ebook for the FIRE--it is for children and needs color. I have the latest kindlegen and kindle viewer for PC. So now I need some input, what are the specs, how do I preview what my book will look like on the FIRE? Wish Amazon would post some guidance. Would like my book to be online for early adopters of the FIRE.
photoluminations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoluminations View Post
Great idea! I am polishing an ebook for the FIRE--it is for children and needs color. I have the latest kindlegen and kindle viewer for PC. So now I need some input, what are the specs, how do I preview what my book will look like on the FIRE? Wish Amazon would post some guidance. Would like my book to be online for early adopters of the FIRE.
You could start by using the Android Kindle app on any Android device. This would give you a fair idea of how it would look. The specs of the Fire are in the wiki but not everything is known.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:00 PM   #8
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
I agree. The Nook Color has an app store and multimedia functions. It should have its own section as well.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:54 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I agree. The Nook Color has an app store and multimedia functions. It should have its own section as well.
The moderating team are currently discussing this.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
dihao168
Banned
dihao168 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
thanks
dihao168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
And how about the upcoming Kobo Vox; again way different from other Kobo's
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:26 AM   #12
chauhoang48
chauhoang48 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you, Good Point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
We have added a new forum section for the Kindle Fire as a subsection to the Kindle section. Since this device is quite different in features and usage from the eInk Kindle devices it warranted it's own separate section rather than only having a pre-fix.

We discussed whether this should be in the Android section or the Kindle section and decided it was more an Amazon device than an Android device and most people would look for information in that area.

If you find any Kindle Fire Cases specific threads you think should be in this section, please "report" the thread and ask us to move it.

Enjoy the discussions... and don't get burned.

Mobileread Moderation Team
chauhoang48 is offline   Reply With Quote