Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-21-2015, 11:32 AM   #1
AccioHogwarts
AccioHogwarts began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Retrieving 100 free ebooks from Kobo Wifi

My Kobo Wifi was broken beyond repair about a year ago, and Kobo kindly sent me a replacement in the form of a Kobo Touch. However, I do quite miss the 100 free ebooks that were preloaded onto my original Kobo Wifi.

Before I sent kobo my broken eReader, I managed to copy the kepub folder from my ereader. What I would now like to do is convert these to epubs or at least make them readable on my computer. Is there a way to do this?

I have tried using the oboK plugin for Calibre, but it tells me that my Kobo library is empty. I have tried pasting the books into the appdata folder for the Kobo Desktop Application, and I have tried replacing the sqlite database with the equivalent file from a pristine Kobo Wifi. None of these things have worked. Is there any other way I can try?
AccioHogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:13 PM   #2
Nascarfan1972
Banned
Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.Nascarfan1972 is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Glo/Mini/Aura/Glo HD/Clara/Libra & Forma & Kindle PW
If you know the names of the free books, I am sure they are available as free books to download from the kobo website.

This link shows the free books that came with the kobo wifi:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...preloaded+wifi

Thanks
Nascarfan1972

Last edited by Nascarfan1972; 05-21-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Nascarfan1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2015, 09:15 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
IIRC they were all public domain books so as Nascarfan mentions you can probably get them free from the Kobo website, or you can download most if not all from the Mobile Read library or from Feedbooks, Manybooks or Gutenberg.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
BryanK
Connoisseur
BryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBryanK can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo HD
Here's another thread with the book list in various formats:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=254119

As I said in that thread, all of the books were originally from Gutenberg, but some books have several versions there to choose from.

At the time, PeterT tried to drum up support for compiling a list of links to current versions of the 100 books, but it never really went anywhere.
BryanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #5
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Back when Kobo touch readers were new and thread about getting
Kobo wifi 100 free books that moderztor eliminated best link to book list their was a thread in mobileread.com ebook library with link to download 100 book list from mobileread epub public domain libreary. Many of these books have been edited to improve fomat and to eliminate errors by dedicated members before posting ebook to the mobileread library. Lost link to this thread years ago.
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
free ebooks, kepub, kobo desktop, kobo wifi