Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #1
xtreme
xtreme began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Unhappy Frozen Display

My kobo touch is frozen. it's stuck on some page on an ebook. I can't turn it off either. I have tried the reset button as well. but still no luck.
Please help me on this matter...
xtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Hold the power button in the off position for at least 10 seconds. This will make sure the Touch is off. Then try and turn it on. If that doesn't work, plug it in for a least an hour to make sure the battery is charged, then try the above again.

If that doesn't work, you may need a factory reset, but try the above first.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Are there any lines on the screen that would indicate a broken substrate? If not, and a simple paperclip reset hasn't worked, and the device is fully charged (try a different USB cable if you are at all unsure), you need to try a factory reset.

Ensure the device is fully charged, for a few hours or overnight.

Ensure the device is turned off, by holding the power button for 10-15 seconds. Do this regardless of whether the screen changes.

While holding the Home button down, quickly slide and release the power button.

Wait a short while.

If nothing happens, repeat the procedure (in case you turned the device on rather than off in step one.

---

If that doesn't work, try the procedure again, this time holding the Home button while doing a paperclip reset (instead of using the power button).
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Welcome.

If you scroll down the list of forums a little further you'll find an entire forum devoted to Kobo readers. You're much more likely to get help if you post your problem there.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #5
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
don't know if this will help. but my aura hd also froze just yesterday. it was unresponsive when i tried to power it on. and resetting it only worked after i plugged in the usb cable and connected to a power source, even though i know it was fully charged.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
don't know if this will help. but my aura hd also froze just yesterday. it was unresponsive when i tried to power it on. and resetting it only worked after i plugged in the usb cable and connected to a power source, even though i know it was fully charged.
I've seen that happen on my Touch as well. Something about seeing the USB connection wakes it up.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
wardy1
wardy1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Well I'm VERY far from impressed!
Just climbed into bed, reached for my Kobo and bumbed it into my knee through a Duvee and now I have lines down the screen and a totally unresponsive unit.

If that is all it takes to bust one of these at $159 they can shove it well and truly where the sun don't shine!

I bought this so I can travel and read..... I'm sure customs in various countries etc will treat it with kid gloves for me.... RIGHT

Last edited by wardy1; 06-23-2013 at 08:47 AM.
wardy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #8
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
My condolences for your bad luck. I will say in Kobo's defense that I have been much more careless with my Touch then I should be and yet the device has survived.

As for customs... I would never trust customs with any electronics. Thankfully, with e-readers it's pretty easy to keep them with you.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #9
xtreme

THANK YOU everyone....
the usb thing actually worked..thanks a lot.
but it is really slow now... bad luck ...
Old 07-31-2013, 03:41 AM   #10
xtreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
worked like a charm..thnx a lottt
Old 07-31-2013, 03:42 AM   #11
xtreme

thnx alot all for ur replies... its working now