Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 03-01-2010, 04:58 AM   #1
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Question enTourage eDGe Troubleshooting

Okay, folks, I've hit my first snag. I thought it'd be best to post in this forum since this is where most of the eDGe threads are right now. I was testing locking the touchscreen side, and when I tried to unlock it by pressing the Menu button, as indicated in the manual, I got no response. I then tried turning the device off by holding the power button down for three seconds, still to no effect. So right now it's sitting with both power indicators showing green. Closing and opening the eDGe doesn't change anything, either. The e-reader side has worked throughout. One last bit of info. - this all happened after I switched the orientation to have the e-reader on the right side, so maybe that has something to do with it(?). I'll call enTourage in the morning, but I thought I'd start here to see if anyone else has encountered this, or has any troubleshooting ideas. Thanks in advance, and take care.

BTW - I haven't spent a tremendous time with the LCD on since I received the eDGe on Friday morning, but some 53 hours after charging for the first time, the battery indicator still reads full(!).
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Something similar happened to me when I tried to lock a Vaio in our office, ages ago. The computer technician removed the battery, and then started again. But I do not recomend to do this with a new item, more because it's yours, not of a business.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Thanks, anabelee. I had thought about trying that, but I decided to see what the "official" take on that is. Take care.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post

Okay, folks, I've hit my first snag. I thought it'd be best to post in this forum since this is where most of the eDGe threads are right now. I was testing locking the touchscreen side, and when I tried to unlock it by pressing the Menu button, as indicated in the manual, I got no response. I then tried turning the device off by holding the power button down for three seconds, still to no effect. So right now it's sitting with both power indicators showing green. Closing and opening the eDGe doesn't change anything, either. The e-reader side has worked throughout. One last bit of info. - this all happened after I switched the orientation to have the e-reader on the right side, so maybe that has something to do with it(?). I'll call enTourage in the morning, but I thought I'd start here to see if anyone else has encountered this, or has any troubleshooting ideas. Thanks in advance, and take care.
UPDATE - When I got up this morning, the power indicator was blinking red, so I plugged in the power adapter and the screen unlocked. I've locked and unlocked it successfully several times with the adapter plugged in; I'll test it again unplugged after it's fully charged again.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #5
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Yes, I know I've had trouble with my Sony locking up if the charge is low. And then plug it in and no problems.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
edge, entourage, entourage edge, touchscreen, troubleshooting