Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 12:01 PM   #136
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
hey Baen calls it ARC you deserve the money.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:08 PM   #137
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKitson View Post
Hi Caleb,

The "free" versions on Amazon are not version 3 - anyway the version is on the front page so it will tell yo which edition it is - except the first edition which doesn't say it. If you PM me your email address, I'll email you the latest -

Until the test version goes free, I won't update the others - but as soon as it ticks over to free, I'll update all of them - Smashwords included. Because sometimes people buy the new release early, maybe thinking it's a new version and will remain at that price - so I figure that until Amazon discount it, I should respect their mistake and not make it available elsewhere. At least if nothing else, they got the latest version early for their payment. Not great logic, but it's all I can offer them.

Anyway, it shouldn't take long for Amazon to discount it and in the mean time, I'll email a copy to anyone who PM's me their email address. An offline, DRM free version in .MOBI format. At least until the latest version ticks over to free.

Regards
David
I sent you a PM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:22 AM   #138
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the latest revision. Now stored in my extensive virtual library.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #139
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Until the test version goes free, I won't update the others - but as soon as it ticks over to free, I'll update all of them - Smashwords included.
I was just about to ask about that!

So if I'm reading this right, I just wait until the latest version goes free on Amazon, give it another couple of days, and then I can re-download from Smashwords and get the latest version from them in ePub?
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 AM   #140
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
So if I'm reading this right, I just wait until the latest version goes free on Amazon, give it another couple of days, and then I can re-download from Smashwords and get the latest version from them in ePub?
Or ... send David Private Message by clicking on his name here in this thread.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:37 AM   #141
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just redownloaded from my Amazon archive. How do I tell which revision it is?

Other than going to look for some the edits I myself made, of course. :-)
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:21 AM   #142
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I just redownloaded from my Amazon archive. How do I tell which revision it is?

Other than going to look for some the edits I myself made, of course. :-)

The revision number is at the top of the first page, eg,
Kindle Edition or Amazon Edition = 1st edition - Also given away by the aweful formatting.
Second Kindle Edition = 2nd
Third Kindle Edition = 3rd

There is also a 2nd Smashwords edition ( for kindle ) and a smashwords edition.

There is no third-smashwords edition yet.

The second-kindle edition is currently the most recent before the third.

Because it's all over the place, that's why it's easier to just email the few copies I'll get asked for by people who have been waiting a while -

Regards
David
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #143
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed this book. Kept me up reading till the iPad battery died, then I had to go find the charger so I could finish it. More, please!
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #144
TheSFReader
Groupie
TheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really niceTheSFReader is just really nice

Device: Nook
Quote:
A big thanks to TheSFReader for a lot of help -
You're welcome, and thanks for the great read !
(Now waiting for the Smashword 3rd version )
TheSFReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #145
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I have to say this is one of the more enjoyable Science Fiction books I've read in a while. If it was in paper version I would recommend it to my Science Fiction/Fantasy reading club.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #146
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomtroll View Post
I have to say this is one of the more enjoyable Science Fiction books I've read in a while. If it was in paper version I would recommend it to my Science Fiction/Fantasy reading club.
Tree killer.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #147
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
So print it. Or ask someone who has a printer to do it for you.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #148
Spock96
Book Geek.
Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Spock96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
I second that. :-P
Spock96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #149
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
This book club is at B&N & they don't allow that. The books read have to be ones sold at the B&M store. BUMMER!!! I did try to get them to read when it first came out.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:09 PM   #150
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
This book club is at B&N & they don't allow that. The books read have to be ones sold at the B&M store. BUMMER!!!
Simply persuade B&N to publish the book ;-)
I am pretty sure David won't be against it.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
androids, artificial intelligence, asimov style, love story, science fiction, twist