Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #1
m42
Enthusiast
m42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire and paperwhite, Ipad mini and Retina, Note 2, Nook tab,HD
new model rumour

I just came from sonystyle in NYC looking for the red model. No one had heard about the red model but a sales clerk informed that a new model is coming in November.....with wifi.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
this autumn is going to be very interesting indeed.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Oooh, shiny!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
this autumn is going to be very interesting indeed.
Possibly, a bit northern-hemisphere-centric?

The southerners might object.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 05:46 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Possibly, a bit northern-hemisphere-centric?

The southerners might object.
you're right, how gauche of me. i meant, "this fourth trimester is going to be very interesting."
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you're right, how gauche of me. i meant, "this fourth trimester is going to be very interesting."
"Fourth trimester"?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #7
charlieperry
Connoisseur
charlieperry doesn't littercharlieperry doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 505
This makes sense. They've got to simplify the process of buying books. It'd be great if you could do it straight from the Reader.
charlieperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 02:36 AM   #8
stgben
Enthusiast
stgben began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle
Geez... now I have to decide between a new Kindle in October or a Reader in November.
stgben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 04:06 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I find it highly improbable that a sales clerk is "in the know" about new models of the Reader being released .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:40 AM   #10
sam1am
Enthusiast
sam1am began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I find it highly improbable that a sales clerk is "in the know" about new models of the Reader being released .
ditto.

At the same time, though, I have thought that WiFi would be a smart play for Sony on the next reader. It really makes sense as the natural progression of things. No negotiating evdo contracts with Sprint, and wifi is pretty ubiquitous nowadays.
sam1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #11
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Wifi will at least halve your battery life. Be careful what you wish for...
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:28 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Only if it's switched on. Wifi on portable devices can always (in my experience) be switched off.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
m42
Enthusiast
m42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire and paperwhite, Ipad mini and Retina, Note 2, Nook tab,HD
I wanted the red model. I have an unhealthy attraction to the color. But if there is even a possibility that a reader with wifi will be available by the end of the year I will have to wait.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #14
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
If that is it, I will prefer my 505. Don't want wifi, switched or not, in my Reader
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 PM   #15
stgben
Enthusiast
stgben began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
If that is it, I will prefer my 505. Don't want wifi, switched or not, in my Reader
May I ask why? Wifi would add so many possibilities.
stgben is offline   Reply With Quote