Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Ideas for a good, easy temporary cover?

My shiny new 350 is out on the FedEx truck for delivery as we speak! (Please excuse the interruption for a happy dance. Thank you. We now continue with the post.)

Anyway, the cover I want and love is the same I had on my 505 - the I-nique tuff luv cover. The problem is they only became available yesterday and I have to wait until Friday before I can order it, so I'll be coverless for a good bit.

Any ideas on a temporary one? (Unless I missed something and the 350 comes with a cover, but I didn't think so). I probably won't carry it around as much until I get a good cover, but something in the interim so I don't have to keep it in its box would be nice.

Thanks.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:36 PM   #2
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
You might have an unused cosmetics case laying around that fits it? That's what I did until I got a cover.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #3
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
My PRS-650 came in a week before the cover did. I took it on a trip during that time with 4 flight legs. The device came with a protective packing sleeve (of unknown material) and I just used that when I threw it in my carryon luggage.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
oh yeah, or you could make one out of bubble wrap and staples.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #5
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
My 350 arrived today, and it didn't come with even a cheap little neoprene sleeve like the 300 did. It also doesn't have an attachment for a hand strap-- I miss that.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 05:33 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I miss the lanyard ring, too, but only because I like putting mobile phone charms on my reader.

You could use a kisslock clutch...or an agenda cover (one that doesn't have rings in it. I'm thinking of the kind that you slip a spiral-bound calendar or address book into).
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #7
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
You could also use a bubble envelope
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #8
starrlamia
Zealot
starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrlamia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PB 16g
you could use a tupperware container, or if you are near a craft store use some felt and just stitch it together to make a pocket.
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 06:13 AM   #9
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
I just used the neoprene sleeve from my 600. I also picked up a 9" laptop sleeve clearance that works well enough.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #10
MidknytOwl
Zealot
MidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enoughMidknytOwl will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks. The little protective envelope it came it will probably work, but I might make a little bubble wrap one too.

It's so pretty. So clear and easy to read, so nice. I love. Lots.
MidknytOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #11
PrincessV
PrincessV is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony 650, Nook 1st Edition, Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidknytOwl View Post
My shiny new 350 is out on the FedEx truck for delivery as we speak! (Please excuse the interruption for a happy dance. Thank you. We now continue with the post.)

Anyway, the cover I want and love is the same I had on my 505 - the I-nique tuff luv cover. The problem is they only became available yesterday and I have to wait until Friday before I can order it, so I'll be coverless for a good bit.

Any ideas on a temporary one? (Unless I missed something and the 350 comes with a cover, but I didn't think so). I probably won't carry it around as much until I get a good cover, but something in the interim so I don't have to keep it in its box would be nice.

Thanks.
Here's an idea I posted in another thread:

Quote:
I just picked up a Kenneth Cole neoprene GPS Case from Office Depot for $14. It's for the large 4.3" widescreen GPS. The Sony PRS 350 fits pretty well. There's a "slight" snuggest at the zippered top, but it shouldn't cause any problems.

Here's a couple sites for visual (the first one has a better picture, while the 2nd one has the better price)

http://www.technooutlet.com/htr109.html

http://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Trave.../dp/B002WEWF5A

Hope this helps!
PrincessV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:08 PM   #12
stevshar
stevshar began at the beginning.

Device: none
A pencil case with a zipper and hard sides.
stevshar is offline   Reply With Quote