Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #91
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yes, you can.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #92
charliemart
charliemart began at the beginning.

Device: none
Translation

Original: Feel free to ask when you are uncertain. The translations interface does point to the source file where the string comes from, but that is probably too much trouble to locate.

Translation: Siéntase en libertad para preguntar cuando no tiene certeza. La interfaz de traducciones le lleva al archivo fuente de donde proviene la orden, pero probablemente es difícil de localizar.
charliemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 05:08 AM   #93
Mar2zz
{insert custom title}
Mar2zz began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Reader 2010
I was working on the dutch translation until I stumbled on the term: Explode (Explode an ePub).

Is this the same as Extract? Translating explode in Dutch means only fire and destruction...
Mar2zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 05:49 AM   #94
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The term explode in this context means break down into its constituent parts (I guess therefore that the fire and destruction implication is not far off the truth ). I guess that as an epub file is really a zip file under the covers extract is not a bad synonym. However does it carry the conotations of extracting ALL the files?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:45 AM   #95
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I have a question concerning translations: I would love to help with the german translation, but I'm kinda lost as to how this is organized: Do I just jump right in and translate? Is someone coordinating who translates what?
And what's more, from what I've seen after having a quick look around in Launchpad, there are some strings that I'd have to know where they appear in Calibre to know how to correctly translate them. Is there a way to see that?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #96
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, just jump in. Some languages have maintainers, some dont. But translations are basically open.

The Launchpad interface tells you where in the source code the translation occurs, which is the closest you can get to finding it in the calibre GUI, I'm afraid.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:18 AM   #97
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar2zz View Post
I was working on the dutch translation until I stumbled on the term: Explode (Explode an ePub).

Is this the same as Extract? Translating explode in Dutch means only fire and destruction...
If I understand the term correctly, it basically means creating more than one file from a single file which can then be manipulated in some way. Maybe something like 'uitpakken' in Dutch?
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:48 PM   #98
windmill
windmill began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Seeing the discussion about how to translate "explode" (explode an ePub) into Dutch in this context, I would suggest to use either "uitpakken", "ontleden" or "opsplitsen".
windmill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:44 AM   #99
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

The last week or so, whenever I try to add some translations, I get a launchpad timeout error, which is really annoying. This happens as well if I try to access the page listing the new suggestions, so I can't really tell if the system adds my translations or not. Is anyone else experiencing this and are there any suggestions on how to avoid that?

Edited to add: I just had a look at the latest batch of translations I tried to submit, and they were visible as new suggestions. So, it seems the system saved them, at least.

Last edited by Manichean; 10-26-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #100
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You can download the po file from launchpad, make your translations and then upload it, if you prefer to work offline.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #101
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can download the po file from launchpad, make your translations and then upload it, if you prefer to work offline.
I prefer to work with whatever doesn't go and die after I translated a few things But I hadn't thought of that option, I'll do that next time.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #102
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
I know this topic is quite old, but would it be possible to know where I can find 'Number of details threads to use' because I am a little bit confuse on how to translate it.

Also, would there be a way to translate plugins or not? I think it would be a nice enhancement.
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That refers to the number of parallel threads to use while fetching book details in Get Books

A plugin is completely independent code, translations for plugins cannot be included as part of calibre's translations infrastructure, but there is nothing preventing a plugin developer from generating a .pot file for his plugin and using it via the gettext module.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:01 AM   #104
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Thanks I found it.

Related to this translation, there is also 'Number of conver download threads to use'. Is this correct, is it not cover?

Concerning the plugin translation could you point me to the relevant code in calibre to have a example?
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:39 AM   #105
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

No, it should be cover. As for examples, gettext is a standard python module. It allows loading of pot files and getting translations. See the gettext module docs in the python standard docs.