Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #61
kronpas
kronpas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Im translating to Vietnamese during my free time in office, but Im losing track of where I was since the last translation, since Launchpad doesnt support specific page jumping. Its really annoying and a huge waste of time to spam-click the next button to find where I was last time. Is there any way to help it?
kronpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #62
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can download the translations as a .pot file and translate it using your favorite software, then upload the pot file to launchpad to be merged.

You can also go to any specific translation in launchpad via a URL of this form

https://translations.edge.launchpad....234/+translate

replace 1234 with the translation number
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2010, 02:44 AM   #63
kronpas
kronpas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Its a matter of convenience. As said, I translate bits by bits when I find myself free time, in office or maybe at home on different computers, so downloading translation material then doing it offline isnt really a good way to do it.

The URL is nice, but is there any another way to display full page, start at specific translation? Internet speed in my office isnt great (too many people leeching away from it), so it takes few seconds to load any new page. Display a bigger list would speed up things.

Last edited by kronpas; 06-22-2010 at 10:49 AM.
kronpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:54 AM   #64
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use a link like this

https://translations.edge.launchpad....ate?start=1234
Old 06-25-2010, 03:16 AM   #65
charliemart
charliemart began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, if I can help, I can do in Spanish translations. I am retired then have enough time to do it
charliemart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 04:43 AM   #66
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Feel free to contribute, translations are open to all.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #67
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Hi, I am currently updating the french translation and I have a problem with your last entries.
Could you explain what are unmanifested and manifested files?
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 AM   #68
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by sengian View Post
what are unmanifested and manifested files?
The .opf file in an EPUB includes the EPUB's file manifest. The .opf has a root element and four child elements: metadata, manifest, spine and guide. All except guide are required.

The manifest lists all the files contained in the EPUB. Each file is represented by an item element, and has the attributes id, href and media-type. All XHTML (content documents), stylesheets, images or other media, embedded fonts, and the .ncx file are there. The .opf file, container.xml, and mimetype files are not supposed to be included.

I assume unmanifested files are files in the EPUB that are not properly in the manifest, but should be. Kovid can properly give more details.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #69
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Starson17 is correct.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #70
Glenndk
Glenndk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Translation meaning/syntax?

I have encountered countless "translateable" frases like:

"Insert &metadata as page at start of book"

"Level &1 TOC (XPath expression):"

"Chapter &threshold"

"Remove F&ooter"

"Remove H&eader"

"Generate catalog for {0} books"

What I do? Shall I translate "F&ooter" interpreting it as "Footer" or is it a variable? Can I e.g. write "&Footer", "Fo&oter", "Foo&ter", "Foot&er", "Foote&r" or "Footer&" as I please?

What purpose does "&" and "{" "}" have here?

Last edited by Glenndk; 07-12-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Glenndk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #71
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If Calibre follows standard coding conventions, then the & indicates that the following character is a keyboard shortcut for the command. Therefore the & cannot simply be moved in front of a different letter without significant impact.

I am sure that Kovid will jump in rapidly if I am wrong
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 PM   #72
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenndk View Post
What purpose does "&" have here?
I can't help with the translation, but the & identifies a key that can be pressed to select the menu action identified with that phrase. I used it to mark "M" as the keyboard shortcut key for doing a metadata Merge.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:49 PM   #73
Glenndk
Glenndk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
If Calibre follows standard coding conventions, then the & indicates that the following character is a keyboard shortcut for the command. Therefore the & cannot simply be moved in front of a different letter without significant impact.

I am sure that Kovid will jump in rapidly if I am wrong
That was wores than I feared

How do I either maintain shortcuts if the letter isn't in the translated word?

or

define new shortcuts without messing them up with eachother?

I think I will just translate it.

Last edited by Glenndk; 07-12-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Glenndk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #74
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Yes, the & is the keyboard shortcut. Don't worry about it, just pick any letter in the translated word, if you choose the same letter for two things in the same screen, all that means is that the user has to press the shortcut twice to get to that control.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:10 PM   #75
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
Well I will ask here because the subject arose.

How do you use keyboard shortcuts? Because after translating a lot of these I think that the corresponding shortcuts are not always shown in calibre.
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote