Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 06:43 PM   #1
mr_abomination
mr_abomination began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura
[Kobo Aura] Remove all subtitles

I was messing around with adding a book's tags to the subtitle field with calibre, however I made a slight error and now all my books have a subititle with just 'Tags: '

I've since fixed my template, but it won't set the subtitle to blank again.

Is there any way to remove all the subtitles? I've tried using Kobo Utilities' update metadata in device library, but that doesn't seem to work when I'm trying to set the field to blank ('')
mr_abomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:46 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I had this problem too: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...50#post4098650
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2021, 07:17 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_abomination View Post
I was messing around with adding a book's tags to the subtitle field with calibre, however I made a slight error and now all my books have a subititle with just 'Tags: '

I've since fixed my template, but it won't set the subtitle to blank again.

Is there any way to remove all the subtitles? I've tried using Kobo Utilities' update metadata in device library, but that doesn't seem to work when I'm trying to set the field to blank ('')
That should work, though I don't know the last time I tested it. When @ownedbycats hit this, they were using the driver rather than the the metadata update in the Kobo Utilities plugin. They should work the same, but, I'll have to test this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:17 PM   #4
mr_abomination
mr_abomination began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura
Somehow I was foolish enough not to try with an empty template. I'd tried with one that just returned a blank string (I think), but leaving it blank has done the trick.
mr_abomination is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo aura, kobo utilities, subtitle