Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #1
djohnson123
djohnson123 began at the beginning.

Device: Koba Aura 1
Question can't delete books from Koba Aura

I've had my Aura for over a year and recently tried to delete some books from it. I had no problem with Calibre and my Kobo Touch over the years but the reader died and I replaced it.

When I try to delete a book, I get this error message in Calibre :

"Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Device database version: 143.
Device firmware version: (4, 7, 10413)"

Having had major problems with Kobo firmware in the past, I chose not to do the fix mentioned in the error message ( for now ).

I am running Calibre 3.18.0 on a PC running Windows 10.

Is there anything else I can do to solve this ?

Thanks,

Don
djohnson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:47 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnson123 View Post
I've had my Aura for over a year and recently tried to delete some books from it. I had no problem with Calibre and my Kobo Touch over the years but the reader died and I replaced it.

When I try to delete a book, I get this error message in Calibre :

"Your Kobo is running an updated firmware/database version. As calibre does not know about this updated firmware, database editing is disabled, to prevent corruption. You can still send books to your Kobo with calibre, but deleting books and managing collections is disabled. If you are willing to experiment and know how to reset your Kobo to Factory defaults, you can override this check by right clicking the device icon in calibre and selecting "Configure this device" and then the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option. Doing so may require you to perform a factory reset of your Kobo.
Device database version: 143.
Device firmware version: (4, 7, 10413)"

Having had major problems with Kobo firmware in the past, I chose not to do the fix mentioned in the error message ( for now ).

I am running Calibre 3.18.0 on a PC running Windows 10.

Is there anything else I can do to solve this ?

Thanks,

Don
Apply the fix mentioned. I was under the impression that calibre 3.18 had support for that firmware version so not sure why you are seeing it. There haven't been any changes that I know of in the Kobo database structure that would cause issues.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2018, 06:41 PM   #3
djohnson123
djohnson123 began at the beginning.

Device: Koba Aura 1
Thanks DNSB, that seems to have worked.

Don
djohnson123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:22 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@djohnson123: Are you sure you are running calibre 3.18? The database and firmware version numbers in the message are what your Kobo device is currently running. These are the versions supported by calibre since 3.14 which was released in December. If you are running calibre 3.18, you should not be seeing this message.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
can't delete books, kobo aura