Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #181
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
kindle2 in amsterdam (the netherlands)

Last edited by julia; 01-28-2010 at 10:52 AM.
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #182
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
New York City (specifically Staten Island (yes, that's NYC as well!, Brkln), would love to show my PocketBooks 301, 360 and 302 (very soon).
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2010, 06:27 AM   #183
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
If someone in the UK midlands (Telford/Shrewsbury) wants to see a PRS-900 before importing one, I'd be happy to meet up. People have different opinions of the screen, so it would be wise to check, although personally I (who unwisely bought it blind) like it.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #184
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does anyone have a Nook in the Toronto area?
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM   #185
neadams99
neadams99 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2, 3, KFire, Samsung Epic 4G
Kindle 2 in Sacramento, CA
neadams99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 AM   #186
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
New York City (specifically Staten Island (yes, that's NYC as well!, Brkln), would love to show my PocketBooks 301, 360 and 302 (very soon).
show off
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:33 PM   #187
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketbook 360 in Berlin. Eager to show off xD
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #188
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
If anyone wants to see a Sony Reader PRS-600 in/around Yokosuka, Yokohama, or Tokyo, Japan, PM me!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:53 PM   #189
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Flaunt it everywhere you go.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 AM   #190
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindorsey View Post
Flaunt it everywhere you go.
Doing it already :P It's quite surprising, you almost don't notice the difference between pbook and ebook... except for the bad editing, which of course I'm too lazy to edit away.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #191
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
IREX DR800S - Århus - Ebooks have arrived in Denmark!

Following the news that Bøg & Ide are going to start selling ebooks, anyone who needs to see the IREX DR800S before deciding whether to
spend a lot of money is welcome to PM me.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:01 AM   #192
Virtureal
Virtureal began at the beginning.

Device: Gonna buy a nook in august.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Following the news that Bøg & Ide are going to start selling ebooks, anyone who needs to see the IREX DR800S before deciding whether to
spend a lot of money is welcome to PM me.

Actually about all of the bookshop companies in Denmark should soon begin selling ebooks from their websites.

Current e-book reader resellers:
http://www.boegerogpapir.dk/Default.aspx?ID=690
http://www.bog-ide.dk/Default.aspx?ID=669
http://www.boghandleren.dk/Default.aspx?ID=677

All the resellers sell the same readers, but they are unfortunately expensive, currently the the different chains of bookshops give their shops the choice of selling ebook readers, and they are also currently limited to the Elonex and BeBook readers, which are coming from http://www.e-medie.dk/index.php?cPat...7ec6ec374801a4 but as you can see at that link the cybook will probably be available soon.

Personally I'm going to buy a nook when I'm in America during August this year, I will have to live with DTBs till that time, because I don't really like the Elonex compared to a nook and I feel too locked down with a kindle.

After having looked at the Irex reader you got I quite like it, how much did it cost and where did you buy it, also where do you live if you are going to show it to people?

Last edited by Virtureal; 04-05-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Virtureal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #193
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtureal View Post
After having looked at the Irex reader you got I quite like it, how much did it cost and where did you buy it,
I got it direct from IREX - 499 euros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtureal View Post
also where do you live if you are going to show it to people?
See message title
IREX DR800S - Århus - Ebooks have arrived in Denmark!
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:04 AM   #194
Alilas
Text Transformer
Alilas began at the beginning.

Device: ivory PB360 and Nook Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
The same in Bangkok
Alilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:37 AM   #195
jessc
Enthusiast
jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jessc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle Paperwhite
PB 360 in SF Bay Area?

Anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area have a Pocketbook 360 you want to show off? I've nearly settled on that one, thanks to everything I've read here. But if possible I'd love to actually see one first.

I have an Asus 1005HA that I'll happily show off, should anyone want to see one.

Last edited by jessc; 05-07-2010 at 02:42 AM.
jessc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show