Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 03:52 PM   #1
eggheadbooks1
Read, don't parrot.
eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.eggheadbooks1 figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kobo Touch, Aldiko for Android
Modifying NCX file InDesign CS5 mobi

Hello:

I wish to add the entry “Title Page” to my TOC in a mobi file generated by InDesign CS5 without using the words “Title Page” on the title page itself. I can do so using a hidden header, but unfortunately a bug in the Kindle plug-in will “print” hidden layers. This leaves me no option but to use the title itself as the header, but then I end up with the title, not “Title Page,” as the entry in my TOC.

The solution is to amend the text in the NCX file. Unfortunately, there is code that is preventing me from doing so: while I can open and view the resulting mobi file using 7-Zip, any amendments I attempt to make are not implemented and a warning ensues.

Is there any way to edit the code in a mobi file once exported from InDesign? I’ve looked all over the net and can’t find anything. Apparently you can open the InDesign mobi file using Springy and edit it without issue, but that is only available for Mac and I am on PC. (I suspect the answer lies in a different zip program than 7-Zip....)

Thanks
eggheadbooks1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indesign cs5, mobi, modify content, ncx