Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 10-03-2003, 11:28 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Lightbulb New Site ONLINE!!

Ok I decided to bring the new site online before the weekend. There are things still undone:

- 'Channel Collection' section
- 'External links' section
- IE6 fine, but some Netscape/Mozilla tweaks still necessary
- new WCC 1.2.0
- you suggest!

I am tired. Time for a beer.

Cheers!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 12:28 PM   #2
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
So far so good. Nice work Alex!
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2003, 12:37 PM   #3
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Lookin' good, Alex! Really fresh look...I likes it a lot.
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 11:03 PM   #4
jasondv
Enthusiast
jasondv began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|T
Make it two beers, or three You did a great job, Alexander.
jasondv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 12:27 PM   #5
elveejay
elveejay is on a distinguished road

Device: Visor Prism; Tungsten TE
Well done! Wow, I can see!
elveejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2003, 12:38 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the positive feedback so far

I am almost done with WCC 1.2.0. Guys, you gave me a real headache with all those new links. So many...
Old 10-08-2003, 03:23 AM   #7
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hmm... do you sometimes have one of those days? Somebody was nice enough to email me about CSS-incompatibilities in my new design with Mac Browser Safari. Too bad I neither own a Mac nor have access to Safari. Will try everything I can to fix the problem - if any Macuser can help me I would appreciate it.

Greets
Old 10-08-2003, 11:27 AM   #8
dscottf
dscottf began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Safari Screenshot

Here you go, it's usable, but not pretty.

There might be some useful info at Dave Hyatt's blog:
http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/hyatt/

Happy to help with testing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	turcic.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	152  
dscottf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:10 AM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I am trying to fix the layout now... I hope I won't break everything!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:49 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I switched from a "fixed" to a "floating" layout. I could test it successfully with:

Internet Explorer V6.0
Opera V7.0
Mozilla Firebird 0.6

It seems to have problems with internet Explorer V5.0.

If you have another browser, can you please tell me if the layout works or is broken for you and also which browser you are using?
Old 10-19-2003, 10:30 AM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Noone said anything negative yet so I assume the new layout fixes the previous problems some users had.
Old 10-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

OK OK I found this great site
http://www.browsercam.com

which helped me to track down the error in my layout. Safari *should* look just as fine as any other browser now. Pfff... I begin to understand people who say it is still too early for CSS styling.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:33 PM   #13
brahamt
Groupie
brahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animalsbrahamt is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Palm Tungsten T3
Well, it still looks good to me.

Thanks once again for all the hard work.
brahamt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:20 AM   #14
dscottf
dscottf began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T
Looks good in Safari now

unless the menus are supposed to be fly-out or hierarchical or something other than just buttons
dscottf is offline   Reply With Quote