Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #541
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Which one was it? It's good to say so others don't get blinded too.
All by Nalini Singh.

Awaken to Pleasure is the one I bought (Kobo credited me for it).

But Awaken the Senses and Craving Beauty are probably the same way since they are pre-July 2010. I'm not going to risk buying them to check.

I bought Bound by Marriage at Sony, but it's pre-July 2010 so Kobo's version is probably affected.

Then again I did buy Secrets of the Marriage Bed at Kobo during the last Kobo sale and it does not have the bad formatting even though it is dated Oct 2009. Guess I lucked out with that one.

The 2-in-1 edition with Lord of the Abyss and Desert Warrior is also probably okay since it was 2011 (I got my copy at Harlequin though).
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #542
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
All by Nalini Singh.

Awaken to Pleasure is the one I bought (Kobo credited me for it).

But Awaken the Senses and Craving Beauty are probably the same way since they are pre-July 2010. I'm not going to risk buying them to check.

I bought Bound by Marriage at Sony, but it's pre-July 2010 so Kobo's version is probably affected.

Then again I did buy Secrets of the Marriage Bed at Kobo during the last Kobo sale and it does not have the bad formatting even though it is dated Oct 2009. Guess I lucked out with that one.

The 2-in-1 edition with Lord of the Abyss and Desert Warrior is also probably okay since it was 2011 (I got my copy at Harlequin though).
Secrets in the Marriage Bed is $1.99 at Amazon.

Last edited by Blossom; 09-14-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #543
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kobo has cut me off after only 8 books this time (last time I got this error message it was after buying 10 books and happened a few times in a row). Oh well, the coupon is good til the end of the month, so I'll just notate on my wishlist which ones I need
Old 09-14-2013, 08:03 PM   #544
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Kobo has cut me off after only 8 books this time (last time I got this error message it was after buying 10 books and happened a few times in a row). Oh well, the coupon is good til the end of the month, so I'll just notate on my wishlist which ones I need
Are you having trouble with their site? I am too, I keep having to log in and out, it won't let me use the coupon code on the new format, only their older one. I have NO clue what's going on... is it my computer? [please remember I'm very tech-challenged]
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #545
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Are you having trouble with their site? I am too, I keep having to log in and out, it won't let me use the coupon code on the new format, only their older one. I have NO clue what's going on... is it my computer? [please remember I'm very tech-challenged]
I doubt it is your computer. I was able to use the coupon both at the old site (in IE) and new (Firefox), so I don't think which version is an issue.

This happened to me a few times since I've had to use my credit card rather than buy a gift card. Kobo allows me x-number of buys and decides it doesn't want any more of my money. Usually if I wait 24 hours it lets me spend more. I called my bank the last time and they didn't have any holds on my card. And Kobo chat didn't know why I couldn't pay either.

Of course this time it could be them doing site maintenance that is causing all these issues. The new design has had multiple issues so far...

You may want to clear your cookies/cache and see if the site allows you to use the code.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:20 PM   #546
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I was having issues with the pictures loading this afternoon. It cleared up when I closed the tab and opened a new one. I think I bought 13 or 14 books. The code went through for them all.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #547
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
libraryaddict and booklover6, thank goodness it's not a time-limited code or I'd be losing my mind. This makes me wait to buy, probably a good thing!
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:05 PM   #548
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Am not a paranormal fan, and had to laugh at this comment @ Amazon:

Quote:
Good book before N.S. went wierd with her books. It sure was worth buying and reading again in Kindle fire library.
I don't think I realized she wrote non-paranormal stuff, but I guess everyone's gotta start somewhere hm?
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #549
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

It let me buy two more books, but now cut me off again. I will try tomorrow or Monday.

Now to add my haul to Calibre. I was actually pretty well behaved and only bought 10 books today and 11 books so far total with the coupon. (key words so far )
Old 09-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #550
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
I lasted all day. Then went to check out one book that was on my list that I couldn't get before with the codes. Well I just bought 3 books and used the Sept50 code all three times.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 PM   #551
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
I want you guys to know I never had a TBR list before i started reading this thread...I always had books and books i planned to read and eventually got around to them, but now I am actually (seriously) contemplating creating a TBR shelf on my Nook.

And fighting back the (strong) urge to purchase 6 of my WL items from Kobo due to these coupons. can't afford....really want

Last edited by gabby98; 09-15-2013 at 01:02 AM.
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #552
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Also, books 2 and 3 (MacNamara's Woman and Brandon's Bride) still look to be available now at Harlequin.
And if you want a taste before buying, you could always check to see if your Overdrive library has them. At least one of mine has both of these.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:12 PM   #553
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

It let me buy 3 more. That was all on my to buy now list I made today. There are some books coming out next week I want as well as the week after.
Old 09-14-2013, 11:27 PM   #554
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
It let me buy 3 more. That was all on my to buy now list I made today. There are some books coming out next week I want as well as the week after.
Tomorrow is going to be interesting when ever one confesses here.

I may buy one before then. I am ticked at Hubby right now. He got in a man tantrum and stole my mouse as I was trying to browse and buy a CD he asked for and wound up doing a one click buy on the wrong album. So he owes me as that was my Swagbucks money.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #555
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE @ ARE:

-This book is free Sept.15-16 (US/Central)
-->From their first book in 21 series for free, every day from Sept. 6-26, promotion.

A Demon And His Witch (Welcome To Hell #1) - Eve Langlais----(Multi-Format/NoDRM)
-Paranormal Romance / Romantic Comedy

Quote:
Burning alive is nothing compared to the heat of his touch.

Roasted at the stake as a witch, while her lover watches, Ysabel sells her soul to the devil in return for revenge. A fair trade until her ex-boyfriend escapes the bowels of Hell and she’s forced to team up with a demon to fetch the jerk back.

Remy’s seen a lot of things during his tenure in Lucifer’s guard, but nothing can prepare him for the witch with the acerbic tongue--and voluptuous figure. Her mouth says ‘Screw you,' but her body screams ‘Take me.’ What’s a poor demon to do when his heart makes things even more complicated by goading him to make her his, forever?

Before he can decide if his demonizing days are done, though, he needs to catch the bad guys, save the girl and then find a way to convince her to love him and not kill him.

Welcome to Hell where you’re screwed if you do and damned if don’t. And just so you know, Lucifer has a special spot reserved for you…

Warning: This story contains a sexy demon with corny pickup lines and an irritable witch who works for Satan. There is coarse language, hot scenes, a twisted version of Hell and a whole lot of giggles. Also, be warned that Lucifer is back trying to steal the show. If you possess an open mind, a good sense of humor and a tainted soul, then read at your own peril.
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote