Notices

Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
tauras
Russel
tauras has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-505
New PRS-505 User

Hi Everyone,
Just bought a Sony PRS-505 . The readability is awesome just wish it had a bigger screen. Am excited to get started and finish my first novel on the device. My choice was Neuromancer. Hope it’s a good read.
Have lots to learn about ebook formats, where to go for the best selections, price, converting, etc.
tauras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to the forum

There are free public domain books here on Mobile Read, and you can buy stuff from many places including booksonboard.com and fictionwise.com - both of which seem to be popular here!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi tauras and welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your 505. I got one back in January and am addicted to the thing!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
BooksOnBoard
BooksOnBoard began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi tauras,

As a previous poster mentioned, BooksOnBoard sells non-DRM and DRM-copyrighted Adobe EPUB and Adobe PDF eBooks that work on the Sony PRS-505 and Sony PRS-700

(DRM copyrighted Adobe eBooks still cannot be read on the older Sony PRS-500 reader)

This page has detailed instructions for transferring DRM Adobe eBooks to your Sony Reader, including instructions for Mac users:
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...ny_reader_help

Hopefully this information helps you learn about reading Adobe eBooks on the Sony Reader.

BooksOnBoard's customer support is also available to answer any questions seven days a week at support@booksonboard.com

Sincerely,

The BooksOnBoard Support Team
BooksOnBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! I just got a new 505 also. Books that I download that aren't DRMed can be opened in eBook Library, fonts adjusted, then saved and loaded onto the 505. Things that I can't change, well, it works just fine to read in landscape mode with it's much larger fonts.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2008, 07:16 PM   #6
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Enjoy the 505 tauras
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
welcome to this forum - there are a lot of free books for our format!
just keep reading

harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #8
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Welcome to the forums. I hope you enjoy your device. Word of warning tho, these forums can seriously hinder the time you have to actually read books on your Sony.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #9
azstitcher
azstitcher began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Cool Another New PRS-505 User

My husband bought mine for me for Christmas and it was very unexpected. Now I have to figure out all the many things I can do with this little machine. Have managed to get books on it from Overdrive and have bought one from E-books and a couple of other places.

Now I just need more time to read!

AZStitcher
azstitcher is offline   Reply With Quote