Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-11-2008, 11:40 AM   #46
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arum_titan

you scare me sometimes.

Not as much as her threat to send her brother-in-law after me with a tow truck.....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #47
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Take that up with Adrian. Oh, and we'll miss you.
Oh, I wasn't disputing, only ... exploring the limits of my ignorance.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #48
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Not as much as her threat to send her brother-in-law after me with a tow truck.....
That's 'cuz the winch is too heavy to carry.

Arum Titan = Big Stinky Flower! Actually, I'd probably appreciate it - it might look nice in the yard over by the neighbor's bedroom.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:41 PM   #49
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
[COLOR="Magenta"][SIZE="3"]Arum Titan = Big Stinky Flower! Actually, I'd probably appreciate it - it might look nice in the yard over by the neighbor's bedroom.
They don't flower very often, DixieGal. I have some friends in Cambridge, who rang when their specimen in the Botanic Garden hothouses flowered in 2004. But we couldn't get there because of other commitments. They kept the gardens open till midnight, and dons could be seen queuing with their infant daughters, telling them to pay attention because they would not see the like again.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:47 PM   #50
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
They don't flower very often, DixieGal. I have some friends in Cambridge, who rang when their specimen in the Botanic Garden hothouses flowered in 2004. But we couldn't get there because of other commitments. They kept the gardens open till midnight, and dons could be seen queuing with their infant daughters, telling them to pay attention because they would not see the like again.
Is that the same as the Corpse Flower?? I saw one of those at the Huntington Library in San Marino years ago. It was really something.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #51
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Really guys,
you should mark those kind of links as NSFW - especially with so large a ... petal!
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:01 PM   #52
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaas View Post
Really guys,
you should mark those kind of links as NSFW - especially with so large a ... petal!
It's strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #53
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
yes,

but imagine the amount of batteries needed (or does it uses duracells?)!
kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #54
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I swear I took the lounge out of my New Posts scan. Hmm...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:08 PM   #55
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Gimme a big showy funeral, lots of flowers that all smell cloyish
Oh, DixieGal, Adrian would not dream of any violence around you, even inadvertent, except possibly to others in your defence (though he is modern-gentleman enough to realise that a lass of your calibre is likely up to providing her own defence, and would therefore naturally cede to "ladies first" if there was some defensive womping required). While with most dance-partners there's the possibility of inadvertent limb-removal during his enthusiasm for GETTIN' DOWN, I would humbly offer that he is somewhat taken by you, knowing that no-one can out-dance a Gal of Dixie. I swear, the hirsute lad seems totally infatuated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I swear I took the lounge out of my New Posts scan. Hmm...

BOb
We arranged to have it put back in, because we miss ya, ya cute little, air-pingu, you.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #56
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Isn't that the flower that smells like rotten hamburger?
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 10:40 AM   #57
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Isn't that the flower that smells like rotten hamburger?
That's the one .... I finally went and looked it up. I've seen one of those up close ... and jeeps, they stink!
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:30 PM   #58
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Gimme a big showy funeral, lots of flowers that all smell cloyish, enough sappy music to leave every eye in the parlor moist, and many eulogizers who break down into fits of weeping midway through the eulogy. Then snap off my head and blast it into geosynchronous orbit so that I can always be "watching over you."
The flowers themselves might leave the eyes moist. (Last funereal I was at also featured incense, as the wife of the departed was Thai Buddhist, and that moistened quite a few eyes as well.)

My dad has always said he wants a proper Viking funereal, with a flaming barge. I've been considering whether a scale model carrying his ashes would be an acceptable substitute. Opinions?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote