Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-21-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
PC Magazine and other mags - free for one year

The PC Magazine (which decided to go 100% digital) offers a one-year subscription for free using the following link:

http://goreadgreen.com/pc-magazine/

You are required to enter an email address, and you'll need to set up an account with Zinio in order to read the magazines.

If you want to see how Zinio looks like, you can check out the following sample issue of PC Magazine: http://www.zinio.com/express3?issue=316996843&o=ext

Now, there are other free mags available as well, including Men's Journal, iPhone Life, Parenting, MIT Technology Review, Yoga, US News, Penthouse, Playboy and Popular Science. Find them here:

http://goreadgreen.com/category/subscriptions/featured/

The catch: you can subscribe to only one magazine per email address which is the same as your Zinio Account.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #2
Arc|Angel
Arc|Angel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Zinio is a nightmare for spamming like crazy once you sign up (or at least it was when I joined it a couple of years ago).
Arc|Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Good point AA, that is why I use a gmail account I keep just for that purpose.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
I subscribe to Zinio already and I can't say I have noticed a particular increase in spam.

Free stuff here I come.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
What is their download format? I've tried clicking "Download" on the PCMag sample issue, but nothing happens. If it's Adobe, I'm in. If I need a special plug-in, fuhgettabouttit.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2008, 06:14 PM   #6
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtw View Post
What is their download format? I've tried clicking "Download" on the PCMag sample issue, but nothing happens. If it's Adobe, I'm in. If I need a special plug-in, fuhgettabouttit.
Looks like they have their own DRM scheme. So you need to use their reader or their online reader.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Reading the sample issue online is highly annoying. And I did get errors with some pages not properly downloading. All in all, not worth it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #8
garygibsonsf
Addict
garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.garygibsonsf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
I actually found this quite interesting, and went for Popular Science instead. For some reason I don't mind reading pdf-style magazines on my computer screen.
garygibsonsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Some magazines like MaximumPC post all but their current issue online for all to read with a minimum of disturbance. In fact, in their free PDF downloads they strip out the ads from the original issue. This is open to all without signing up or giving an email address, not just those that subscribe to the magazine.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 02:19 AM   #10
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
I subscribe to a computer mag from Zinio and read it on screen. It is a little different but worth persevering with.
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote