Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #34486
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Whilst cleaning up the yard after last night's storm, I was viciously bitten on the cheek (on my face before you ask! ) by a spider - when I got inside I had a swelling 2" in diameter and growing! After benadryl, an ice pack, and some calamine lotion, I think I will survive now! I have a nice angry red lump for a souvenir. Gotta give up yard work!

Spiders love to bite me!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #34487
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Ouch. I know how you feel. Mosquitoes usually leave me alone, but spiders always seem to find me.

I now do all yard work covered head to toe, especially my hair, even in the summer. Light colors, so I can see if anything is on me. I haven't ever been bitten on the face, although the back of my neck has been a choice spot. So that is why I wear high collars. I would rather be hot for a while than deal with spider bites.

I hope the swelling goes down soon, pooh.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:48 PM   #34488
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Whilst cleaning up the yard after last night's storm, I was viciously bitten on the cheek (on my face before you ask! ) by a spider - when I got inside I had a swelling 2" in diameter and growing! After benadryl, an ice pack, and some calamine lotion, I think I will survive now! I have a nice angry red lump for a souvenir. Gotta give up yard work!

Spiders love to bite me!
Owww!!! I'm not going to tell my wife about this little tale. She wouldn't sleep for a week. Get well soon.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:12 PM   #34489
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Thanks for the kind thoughts. I do yard work fairly completely covered with light clothing and plenty of DEET bug spray. Guess I'll have to invest in a bee-keeper's veil now! Obviously the spiders know how to get to me!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 02:15 AM   #34490
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
@poohbear You ought to come to Oz and help out the venom blokes...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-0...spider/4239024
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:15 AM   #34491
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm going through hundreds and hundreds of 'raw' photos that I've taken this week around Kyoto, doing the 'first cull' of pictures that just have nothing going on in them. My guess is that this culling will throw out at least 75% of them. And this is just the 'first' round... Can you imagine how much money we threw away when all we used was film?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:07 AM   #34492
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Trying out airdroid
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:00 AM   #34493
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
@poohbear You ought to come to Oz and help out the venom blokes...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-0...spider/4239024
How come Australia has so much stuff that can kill you? We only have around a dozen deaths a year from snakebite and maybe one death a decade from a black widow bite. We have only a handful of crocodiles, and your lizards would probably eat our alligators. Our total fatalities from wildlife for a whole year would probably be what you folks would call a good day in the Land of Oz. Our most dangerous animals are bees, and most of those deaths are the result of allergic reactions.

You guys are tough.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #34494
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Setting up my tv.

It's a different one than I wanted initially, but it has a lot of extra's for only €30 more (back lit LED instead of side lit, USB and headphone ports on the side instead of the back and its less thick). The down side was that the bezel is bigger, which means it's a bit higher than the other one and I had to move the shelf above the tv up a bit.

The second problem was that I wasn't getting any signal, I checked if it was hooked up to the distributor thingie downstairs and it was. When I pulled out my old tv (in the room next to my bedroom) I noticed that it was hooked up directly to the tv cable coming out of the wall and I plugged in the cable for my new tv in the outlet on the wall. The I recalled that a long time ago my father put in a new, better, tv cable and apparently he didn't hook it up to the outlet but straight to the tv. I plugged my new cable into the cable coming out of the wall and now it's happily scanning for channels.

Up next: hooking up my media box and see if I can watch movies/series from an USB stick or external HDD. My mother will be happy tomorrow because she won't be "forced" to watch BBC's Great British Bake Off since I can now watch it in my own bedroom.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #34495
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
well, it's not right now, it was last week, but I just got the pictures...

my mechanic is absolutely smitten with kittens. he has been in love with my Savannahs since I got Arwen. he and his wife are good friends with an older widowed man that is also in love with cats. the kitties and I were invited over so he could see them. unbeknownst to me, it ended up being a wine and cheese party and we were the attraction!

I figured Strider would be his boisterous self and Arwen would be timid. WRONG! Strider slunk around hiding under, behind, and IN things! he even crawled up into the propane fireplace and turned it ON! from the inside! OMG!!! talk about major panic! I had visions of him burning himself up, or blowing us all to kingdom come!!!! Arwen on the other hand was a little Diva! she preened and posed for everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen1.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	8.7 KB
ID:	92154   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	92155   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen3.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	92156   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen4.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	92157   Click image for larger version

Name:	arwen5.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	92158   Click image for larger version

Name:	strider1.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.9 KB
ID:	92159   Click image for larger version

Name:	strider2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	92160   Click image for larger version

Name:	strider3.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	92161  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #34496
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
well, it's not right now, it was last week, but I just got the pictures...

my mechanic is absolutely smitten with kittens. he has been in love with my Savannahs since I got Arwen. he and his wife are good friends with an older widowed man that is also in love with cats. the kitties and I were invited over so he could see them. unbeknownst to me, it ended up being a wine and cheese party and we were the attraction!

I figured Strider would be his boisterous self and Arwen would be timid. WRONG! Strider slunk around hiding under, behind, and IN things! he even crawled up into the propane fireplace and turned it ON! from the inside! OMG!!! talk about major panic! I had visions of him burning himself up, or blowing us all to kingdom come!!!! Arwen on the other hand was a little Diva! she preened and posed for everyone!
That is a pair of beautiful cats. Love Arwen's markings and Strider's eyes.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #34497
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
GORGEOUS cats! I need to get some new pics of Max and Sebastian up.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #34498
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yes - gorgeous! And I love Arwen's purple cummerbund. She looks just Grand in it!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:35 PM   #34499
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Yes - gorgeous! And I love Arwen's purple cummerbund. She looks just Grand in it!
* giggle* that's actually her harness. it's called a "walking jacket" for some reason. I really don't like the design of it. I like Strider's much better, but it is black and you can barely tell it's on him
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #34500
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looking around on the Fanfiction website and wondering who got the idea it was a good idea to write fan fiction about Robot Wars.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?