Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
kat hurley
kat hurley began at the beginning.

Device: ipad (kindle app)
Aloha from NYC.

hey mobilereaders, i am a hot-off-the-press new indie author. I've just published my first memoir, I Think I'll Make It on Amazon. It's a true story of lost and found; a rags to riches of the soul.

After a year spent perpetually lost in Southeast Asia where I wrote my book, I have landed in NYC where even after a solid year of exploration in a city that speaks my native tongue, no less, I still feel like a tourist.

I love all things sports, outdoors, travel and nature. I love to surf and miss Hawaii dearly (the backdrop of I Think I'll Make It).

I enjoy snowboarding, but have come to know that the older I get the less my bones tolerate the cold.

Despite the flak from family and friends, I have become a foodie and a terrible invite to holiday parties. My fiancee is a health supportive chef, so I blame her, but I'm not complaining.

I love the fall and how it evokes red wine and hoppy beer.

I don't own a TV, I am movie buff-less, a terrible speller, and my knowledge of fine fiction is embarrassing.

My library consists almost entirely of non-fiction, memoir, biography, spirituality, and personal development.

I can talk any of those topics and many more, so feel free to say hello. I'd love to hear from you.
kat hurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Thanks for this wonderful introduction, Kat. And welcome on board! Hawaii and NYC - my two favorite places in the world. I envy you.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #3
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Kat and welcome to MobileRead

Used to live in Pearl City and on Kapiolani in Honolulu. And as a kid, I thought the world stopped at the Hudson River. My father is from Brooklyn and mother is from Manhattan; so I tell people I'm the product of a mixed marriage.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, introduction, new author, new book