Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 AM   #1141
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Interesting request +1
Indeed!
Currently I have a couple of blank 'recent docs' lines...

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #1142
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I have 1.8 (maybe not the latest) and I have file names (not metadata) in Recent Documents.

Do you have the settings for File Manager to show file names instead of metadata? I guess it does the trick... (The possibility to choose between metadata and file names has been introduced in one of latest 1.7 firmwares).
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #1143
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I have 1.8 (maybe not the latest) and I have file names (not metadata) in Recent Documents.

Do you have the settings for File Manager to show file names instead of metadata? I guess it does the trick... (The possibility to choose between metadata and file names has been introduced in one of latest 1.7 firmwares).
It shows the file names in the file manager for me, but it shows metadata in the recently read list.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #1144
dadaniel
dadaniel began at the beginning.

Device: none
Would it be possible to integrate some sort of half-page turn?
For example: End of page 1 and start of page 2 displayed
dadaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #1145
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:

Not sure if this one was meant for me, but... yes, I have chosen file names over meta.

EDIT: Clarification - with Recent Docs, I was refering to the three lines on top, not the page.

Cheers!
CJ
Advert
Old 12-18-2012, 07:06 AM   #1146
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I see, you are right. The small Recent Docs win uses metadata regardless the metadata/filename setting.

+1 to fix it.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #1147
ferlanero
ferlanero began at the beginning.

Device: Boox M92 Booxtor Edition - iLiad 2nd Edition
Quote:
I see, you are right. The small Recent Docs win uses metadata regardless the metadata/filename setting.

+1 to fix it.
Yes please! Use file names instead metadata info in the Recent Docs window.
ferlanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #1148
Defenderland
Groupie
Defenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litterDefenderland doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW, M92
Anyone else experiencing again the old shutdown problems with the new version of PDFreader?
Here it was gone with the new 1.8.20121112 FW, but has come back with the 12.12.12-reader update.
Defenderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:05 PM   #1149
ExH
E x H
ExH began at the beginning.

Minor bug: when multiple scribble files are present and you select one to rename, as soon as the keyboard pops up all of the files' names change to "Scribble".
ExH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #1150
CJY
Zealot

Browser/WiFi:
Would it be possible to introduce a Suspend and Resume functionality from within the browser (via Menu/Network)?

It would be most useful when having loaded a larger page and wanting to safe on battery usage whilst reading.

Should be self-explanatory, but...:
Suspend - drops the connection and stops the wifi h/w, but remain in browser, on page.
Resume - reconnects to the same wifi spot as before the suspend, still remaining in browser, on page.

Or slightly more advanced: Resume happens automatically when navigating out either via a link or a bookmark.

It seems fairly easy, but what do I know...

Cheers!
CJ

Last edited by CJY; 12-19-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #1151
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJY View Post
Browser/WiFi:
Would it be possible to introduce a Suspend and Resume functionality from within the browser (via Menu/Network)?

CJ
This feature is in the task list for the next update.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #1152
CJY
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
This feature is in the task list for the next update.
Well done, thanks!

Cheers!
CJ
Old 12-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #1153
Tyiti
Tyiti began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Book M92 Black Pearl
Hello everybody,

I'm new on Mobileread, I just bought a M92 black pearl (actualy was a present from my father) and i'm discovering it to day.

I'would like to know if it's pertinent to update my Black peal with you last version firmware (1.8 (1.8.20121113) ) because i have the black pearl edition... I don't realy understand the difference between the both boox...

Thanks for you answer and for this good forum.

John
Tyiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #1154
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
See the "Unable to upgrade Boox M92" thread and the page 5 of the "Where to buy a Onyx M92" thread.

Last edited by pepe_alter_ego; 12-21-2012 at 04:57 PM.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:29 PM   #1155
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello,

There is two versions of M92, it's related to the origin (the shop) of the device.

The firmwares in this thread is only for the device ("black" or "white") sold by : http://www.ereader-store.de/. Booxtor works for this seller.

You could not use this firmware with the "black pearl" sold by : http://artatech.pl/k. The devices of this vendor are locked. Maurice13 works for this seller.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote