Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #61
salsichad2
salsichad2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
fbKindle in Duokan

Can I launch fbKindle in Duokan. Has Doukan a launchpad like kindle system?

fbKindle and Duokan together.

someone can make this happen?
salsichad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #62
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Thumbs down STOP Duokan boot?

Installed Duokan, changed fonts, all kewl. BUT anytime I do a reboot or plug it into computer it AUTOMATICALLY GOES TO DUOKAN. Which means I have to go into settings and change back to Kindle AND WAIT TILL IT AGAIN DOES A REBOOT. I don't even know if I"ll use Duokan but I don't want IT to be default. So how do I change it? Thanks Alley
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #63
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
Installed Duokan, changed fonts, all kewl. BUT anytime I do a reboot or plug it into computer it AUTOMATICALLY GOES TO DUOKAN. Which means I have to go into settings and change back to Kindle AND WAIT TILL IT AGAIN DOES A REBOOT. I don't even know if I"ll use Duokan but I don't want IT to be default. So how do I change it? Thanks Alley
The right below where you select Reboot and Switch to Kindle on the 1st page of the settings menu. Set it to DK System: off

Then it will boot into Kindle automatically unless you select 1 from the boot menu.
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #64
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
Thumbs up A Tak and a U ROCK

So many boards you post and get either nada or an answer that constitutes teaching Grandma to suck eggs. Here, I ALWAYS get helpful (AND CORRECT) advice. Yet another THANK YOU. Easy and correct answer for anyone wondering the same thing.

Now if I can just find a user friendly font to add might even try using Duokan. Added a few (six, all supposedly ttf but only three showed up) and while they look nice on pdf, I think problem is that the system somehow squares fonts for the Chinese Characters somehow which just look odd on the menu screen.
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 AM   #65
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by allisondbl View Post
So many boards you post and get either nada or an answer that constitutes teaching Grandma to suck eggs. Here, I ALWAYS get helpful (AND CORRECT) advice. Yet another THANK YOU. Easy and correct answer for anyone wondering the same thing.

Now if I can just find a user friendly font to add might even try using Duokan. Added a few (six, all supposedly ttf but only three showed up) and while they look nice on pdf, I think problem is that the system somehow squares fonts for the Chinese Characters somehow which just look odd on the menu screen.
@allisondbl: How did you add fonts to Duokan? I had trouble with the latest version and had to revert to an older version. I have NiLuJe's font hack installed, plus Georgia 2, which is what appears in Duokan. Is Duokan just using the fonts from Kindle?
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 06:37 PM   #66
jaxsnop
Enthusiast
jaxsnop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apofview View Post
Well this is not true anymore, update to 3.1 will disable instalation of Duokan sadly...
Then... Actually fw 3.1 users can't use Duokan OS?!
Is there any possibility of a next update for 3.1 users?

jaxsnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #67
runner84
runner84 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
They can install it now. That post is obsolete..
runner84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:02 AM   #68
jaxsnop
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by runner84 View Post
They can install it now. That post is obsolete..
TYVM. I found the 3.1 Duokan after of searching more intensively but there are so many threads for the same stuff and I was lost.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:53 AM   #69
Starko
Zealot
Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Starko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsnop View Post
TYVM. I found the 3.1 Duokan after of searching more intensively but there are so many threads for the same stuff and I was lost.
Would be great if you shared you findings and helped those that come after you by providing a link
Starko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #70
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Device: K3, KT
To translate Duokan to another language, is it enough to translate the file
"DK_System\DK_Update\k3\DK_System\system\skin\Menu Item_yw.dat" ?

Instead of replacing the file, can I create multiple files "MenuItem_fr.dat", "MenuItem_de.dat", "MenuItem_sp.dat", "MenuItem_po.dat", "MenuItem_it.dat" in order to have a multilanguage OS?

Another question: has anyone tried non-english TTS voices?

This is the first time I heard about Duokan, but it looks great...

corp
corpcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:34 PM   #71
jaxsnop
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcd View Post

Instead of replacing the file, can I create multiple files "MenuItem_fr.dat", "MenuItem_de.dat", "MenuItem_sp.dat", "MenuItem_po.dat", "MenuItem_it.dat" in order to have a multilanguage OS?

corp
Firstly tell you Duokan is very young yet and need several changes for non Chinese users. Latin languages like french, spanish, german... have problems to represent accent words or special letters (à, á, ñ, etc). But to see comics or pdf it´s a great OS.

Listening non English or Chinese audios with TTS it´s awful!!!

But I like Duokan
Old 03-07-2011, 04:30 AM   #72
corpcd
Enthusiast
corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.corpcd can eat soup with a fork.

Device: K3, KT
Quote:
Firstly tell you Duokan is very young yet and need several changes for non Chinese users. Latin languages like french, spanish, german... have problems to represent accent words or special letters (à, á, ñ, etc). But to see comics or pdf it´s a great OS.
Ok, I will keep an eye on the development.

Quote:
Listening non English or Chinese audios with TTS it´s awful!!!
There are non-english TTS voices that could work... at least in theory...

corp
corpcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:15 AM   #73
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpcd View Post

corp
you may find some early suggestion/examples on this in the thread "sort of English Duokan", - however, Duokan release changes pretty frequently, and you have to keep pace with it.
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:30 AM   #74
infernogott
infernogott began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Hi,

How do I go to landscape mode with Duokan?

I have a Kindle DXG and auto-rotate doesn't seem to work with Duokan
infernogott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:21 AM   #75
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernogott View Post
Hi,

How do I go to landscape mode with Duokan?

I have a Kindle DXG and auto-rotate doesn't seem to work with Duokan
use alt + G / H
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duokan, faq, kindle