Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
windom
windom began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color; Axim X51v; Cruz Reader R101
Calibre Creates Artifacts on X Windows

This has been a problem for a while. When Calibre makes daughter windows (like the one that shows progress of creating covers from the ebook files), Calibre leaves and artifact. It always stays on top and on all desktops. The only remedy is to restart the windows session. Any ideas? I figure other folks should also be having this problem but a search turned up nothing. I am using version 8.56 but it has been a problem for at least the last dozen versions. You can see it in the screenshot.

W
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot at 2012-06-19 13:05:54.png
Views:	197
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	88004  
windom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by windom View Post
This has been a problem for a while. When Calibre makes daughter windows (like the one that shows progress of creating covers from the ebook files), Calibre leaves and artifact. It always stays on top and on all desktops. The only remedy is to restart the windows session. Any ideas? I figure other folks should also be having this problem but a search turned up nothing. I am using version 8.56 but it has been a problem for at least the last dozen versions. You can see it in the screenshot.

W
What OS are you running?
Have you tried a F5 (refresh)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #3
windom

I am running Linux Mint 12 and using Cinnamon for the desktop.. No, I have not tried F5.

w
Old 06-19-2012, 10:18 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Turn off whatever compositing window manager you are using.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
windom

Since the compositing is built in to gnome 3, I guess I'll just have to get rid of it. I've been meaning to move over to Xfce so this should be the final push. This whole Gnome 3/Unity thing has caused me a lot of grief in the last 6 months.

w
Advert