Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
Quinyessence
n00b
Quinyessence began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Beginner Kindle1 hacking help

I've hacked hundreds of PC games (yes hundreds), so I know a bit about hacking but I also know how easy it is to mess up file structures if your bumbling around like an idiot. Since I don't have enough money to replace my Kindle DX Graphite (a birthday present last week) I thought I'd ask someone to give me a quick runthrough on how to best install a better MP3 player on my KindleDXG. Please use idiot-proof terminology because I may be an idiot (it is not yet proven). Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by Quinyessence; 12-21-2011 at 04:30 AM.
Quinyessence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:25 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please ask questions in the correct forum. Kindle developer questions belong in the Kindle developer forum. I shall move this post there now.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 05:54 AM   #3
Quinyessence
n00b
Quinyessence began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ah. Thank you. My apologies.

I now have Jailbreak, Launchpad and KinAmp all pasted and updated (as needed) in that order. I can't figure out how to get everything hot-keyed now. I can push Shift+Shift+Space and I get a 'Success!' message displayed but I can't find any mention of how to do anything else besides forcing refresh of launchpad. All I want is to get kinamp working so I can play the songs I want! Is there a tutorial on how to make launchpad work? If I could see even just a list of commands for launchpad, mplayer and kinamp I could figure it out. Again, thanks!
Quinyessence is offline   Reply With Quote