Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 AM   #1
dandan77
Enthusiast
dandan77 began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader mio180
book designer problem with vista os

i installed bookdisgner in vista os but i have a problem when i pusg the sony reader botton for conversatin
it made nothing the conversatint tool isnt woeking ?
any one have a soulotion ?
thanks !
dandan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
Similar Issue here

BookDesigner works for me in Vista and does the conversions for all the other formats except the Sony Reader. No new window or anything else happens when I invoke the Reader conversion. I have installed, unistalled, and reinstalled the last three versions in Vista protected memory, user areas, and even another disk drive. All have the same issue. BD works fine for the Reader when I reconfigure and boot to XP.

I suspect that the call to MSH_LRSParser.exe or perhaps one of the settings file is the culprit. Help!

[ADDED] By the way, I am using my admin account to install and execute BD.

Last edited by jwhayn; 05-10-2007 at 11:37 AM.
jwhayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Dandan,

Have you installed Book Designer correctly? You need to first install "BookDesigner40.msi" and then, once that's installed, unzip "BookDesignerExe.zip" on top of it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

That is how I installed BD on Vista and XP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
Dandan,

Have you installed Book Designer correctly? You need to first install "BookDesigner40.msi" and then, once that's installed, unzip "BookDesignerExe.zip" on top of it.
Yep --I understand that. Works fine on XP and mostly on Vista -- just not the Reader conversion.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
dandan77
Enthusiast

if i understand correctly we have the same problem !
anybody can help ?
Advert
Old 05-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The only other question that occurs to me to ask is did you install BD in your "Programs" directory?

It seems to me that someone had a problem when they did that since Vista doesn't like files to be created automatically in that dir, and BD does that as a matter of course.

Ah, yes, and is the update file you're using marked April 12th (I think it's the 12th, it's definitely April)? I think that's the most recent one.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #7
jwhayn
Enthusiast

Tried it in programs , in user area, and on a separate drive -- no difference. Using the last update -- same effect for all recent updates anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
The only other question that occurs to me to ask is did you install BD in your "Programs" directory?

It seems to me that someone had a problem when they did that since Vista doesn't like files to be created automatically in that dir, and BD does that as a matter of course.

Ah, yes, and is the update file you're using marked April 12th (I think it's the 12th, it's definitely April)? I think that's the most recent one.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:23 PM   #8
dandan77
Enthusiast

sony librie

up to now we can use the sony librie option it is working ? anybody tried it ?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandan77
up to now we can use the sony librie option it is working ? anybody tried it ?
Books made with the Sony Libre option look awful on the Sony Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:23 PM   #10
baandab
baandab is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500
I had the same problems. I went to the C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0 and granted full access to my userid on the security panel for the folder. (right click on "book designer 4.0", select, properties, and then select the security tab. Then grant full access to your userid.
baandab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:16 AM   #11
dandan77
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by baandab
I had the same problems. I went to the C:\Program Files\Book Designer 4.0 and granted full access to my userid on the security panel for the folder. (right click on "book designer 4.0", select, properties, and then select the security tab. Then grant full access to your userid.
stell dont working can you tell please more detailes what shell i do maybe i dont fint the right procedure to repair the problem ? a screen shoot ?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:43 PM   #12
jwhayn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by baandab
I did this and still have the problem that everything works except the Reader Conversion. Nothing happens -- just as if there were a dead button. I suspect that it is a missing files -- perhaps Visual Basic.
Old 05-13-2007, 02:25 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The normal reason for the Sony Reader conversion option not working is incorrect installation. I know I've already asked you this, but are you sure that you've done the "two stage" installation - first "BookDesigner40.msi" and then "BookDesignerExe.zip" on top of it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:33 AM   #14
dandan77
Enthusiast

links to the last ver of bookdisigner ?

can you please give as the last link which works on vista os ?
Old 05-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #15
jwhayn
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT
The normal reason for the Sony Reader conversion option not working is incorrect installation. I know I've already asked you this, but are you sure that you've done the "two stage" installation - first "BookDesigner40.msi" and then "BookDesignerExe.zip" on top of it?
I believe that it was done correctly. Does the original BookDesigner40.msi even have a Sony Reader option?