Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-03-2008, 05:28 PM   #16
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyboards View Post

!! Yes, indeed, yours is different than the cover I bought. On the inside left flap, are those pockets?? Or just stitching? And is that a pencil/pen holder/loop in the spine area? And obviously at the far right that's some kind of closing mechanism. Are there not magnets to hold it closed?

Very interesting, because otherwise it looks identical. From what source was your Cybook purchased?

Yes, those are pockets and a pen holder. I've found m-edge's site, and here's the cover: http://www.buymedge.com/p_CybookExL.html

I bought it with my Cybook in www.apolloxxi.com. It was the same price as the Bookeen's shop one and I didn't notice that it was different.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 02:46 PM   #17
kxpapado
kxpapado began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3, nokia n800
I've purchased the red (wine actually) leather cover from Bookeen and it is really nice, it fits perfectly, more slim than the previous (hideous) brown one and well crafted. It was about time Bookeen made available a decent cover.
It seems like leather, (at least it is written on the back "genuine leather") and inside is like suede.
The only "drawback" is the light, because now that I can see it blinking it is a little distracting, but I' m getting used to it and in a few days I think I won't even motice it anymore.
Really happy with it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01164.JPG
Views:	305
Size:	577.6 KB
ID:	16255   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01165.JPG
Views:	295
Size:	685.9 KB
ID:	16256   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01167.JPG
Views:	287
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	16257   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01170.JPG
Views:	294
Size:	655.3 KB
ID:	16258   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01169.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	16259   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01172.JPG
Views:	331
Size:	543.7 KB
ID:	16260  
kxpapado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #18
Thanabur
Thanabur began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The covers are now cheaper. Just when I've ordered one yesterday at the old price. Call me Lucky Thanabur
Thanabur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #19
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanabur View Post
The covers are now cheaper. Just when I've ordered one yesterday at the old price. Call me Lucky Thanabur
Awwww, that's no fair!
Of course now I'm going to jump in and get one, can't resist the new lower price nearly as well as I was able to resist the original price.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 AM   #20
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
cover the other way around

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxpapado View Post
I've purchased the red (wine actually) leather cover from Bookeen and it is really nice, it fits perfectly, more slim than the previous (hideous) brown one and well crafted. It was about time Bookeen made available a decent cover.
It seems like leather, (at least it is written on the back "genuine leather") and inside is like suede.
The only "drawback" is the light, because now that I can see it blinking it is a little distracting, but I' m getting used to it and in a few days I think I won't even motice it anymore.
Really happy with it!
I've got the same one and I love it. I've had it for about six weeks now, reading several hours every day (a bit less now as I just started studying again) and it's really like new.

Just one thing, The book in the cover is on the right side, but sometimes I like to read with the book on the left side (in bed, lying on my side), and what I've been doing lately is putting the book the other way around in the cover, top on the bottom side, which allows you to turn it around. The openings of course do not coincide any more, but the only important button is the one to turn pages, and if you press on the leather where the button is situated it will work fine.

On the other hand those complaining about the lack of a hole where the indicating light is situated, I think you can cut a small hole with a sharp cutter, same with the side buttons.

anahid
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:34 AM   #21
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
Just one thing, The book in the cover is on the right side, but sometimes I like to read with the book on the left side (in bed, lying on my side), and what I've been doing lately is putting the book the other way around in the cover, top on the bottom side, which allows you to turn it around.
I usually just fold the cover back, but then I don't mind having fold marks in my cover. If it was a 'dead tree' book I would never break the spine that way. However, for my Cybook it works great and gives me somewhere to clip on my booklight.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:49 AM   #22
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

I have the black cover that was in the deluxe package (bought it 3/4 months ago), and I can't fold it away, sadly.
The inside (that looks like suede) is not long enough to allow the cover to fold over.

I'm just curious to see if I'm the only one in that case.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 04:53 AM   #23
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurnim View Post
I'm just curious to see if I'm the only one in that case.
Nope, I can't fold my cover eighter. I guess that's normal for the new standard covers
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:27 AM   #24
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
Nope, I can't fold my cover eighter. I guess that's normal for the new standard covers
Thanks for your reply, I guess I'll have to think and see if I consider being able to fold the cover important enough to buy another cover.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:10 AM   #25
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
I can't fold mine neither.

Why don't you try the way I said before, putting the cybook the other way around in the cover, you'll find you're perfectly able to use it and when you read, as I do, in bed, support the book the other way around, and push the buttons through the cover.
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:44 AM   #26
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42

Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
I can't fold mine neither.

Why don't you try the way I said before, putting the cybook the other way around in the cover, you'll find you're perfectly able to use it and when you read, as I do, in bed, support the book the other way around, and push the buttons through the cover.
I'll give it a try and see the result.
Thanks for mentioning your suggestion again, I hadn't noticed it at first.
Old 10-17-2008, 06:50 AM   #27
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
what cover do you have? I have the Brown Deluxe jacket and I can fold it easily (no fold marks either).
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #28
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by elena View Post
what cover do you have? I have the Brown Deluxe jacket and I can fold it easily (no fold marks either).
I have the black (non leather) cover which comes with the deluxe-package at the moment.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:06 PM   #29
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
Mine folds -black with suede looking inside and leather look outside
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 02:54 AM   #30
Justy
Fanatic

I just received my deluxe dark brown cover and it folds back just fine. The front cover edge meets up with the back cover edge. It creates a kind of triangle shape as it doesn't fold flat, but this works fine for me. The suede on the inside seems to give me some extra 'grip' when the cover is folded