Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Anyone getting a shipping date on their K3?

Well, next Friday is the 27th, the date on or before Amazon said it would ship our K3s. Knowing Amazon, I expected we would get them this week. I still don't have an estimated ship date. Does anyone have any information?

PS I am ashamed of myself for this post. I love my K2, and the K3 really doesn't do anything differently (I am used to my present screen) but it is a new toy. Sigh . . .
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I held out for a little while, but the upgrade from my trusty K1 is just too major to pass up. I managed to resist for about a week before placing my order, wish I hadn't now.

You'll probably have your new K3 in hand before I get a shipping date.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Carld, I hope you don't have to wait too long. The upgrade from the K1 to the K3 will be major!
Old 08-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
I think that if we don't get a shipping date by e-mail tomorrow then it will be Monday.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I haven't had a shipping date yet (although I haven't checked for 8 minutes ...)
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:00 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I ordered on July 30th and I still don't have a ship date.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
No ship date here, but on other things I've ordered where they offered release day delivery I don't recall having it update until the last minute so I'm not to bothered.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #8
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I held out for a little while, but the upgrade from my trusty K1 is just too major to pass up. I managed to resist for about a week before placing my order, wish I hadn't now.

You'll probably have your new K3 in hand before I get a shipping date.
Ditto for me.

I check my account at least once a day and it still says "we'll notify you by email...". A watched pot never boils. Or is that a potted watch never tells the time?
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #9
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
No ship date but being new to Kindle I was surprised to see I already have a Kindle registered to my account, and somehow I accidentally sent a book to that instead of my Blackberry and it said delivered. Does that count?

I'm guessing it's in a que somewhere til I activate it...
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
No ship date but being new to Kindle I was surprised to see I already have a Kindle registered to my account, and somehow I accidentally sent a book to that instead of my Blackberry and it said delivered. Does that count?

I'm guessing it's in a que somewhere til I activate it...
French, the book will download as soon as you turn on your kindle. I sent a book, too, and thought that meant it already was set aside for me, but I couldn't download it to K4PC.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
No ship date here, but on other things I've ordered where they offered release day delivery I don't recall having it update until the last minute so I'm not to bothered.
What fun is that?? I'll bet you haven't even started your Chirstmas shopping yet, you slacker.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:43 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
What fun is that?? I'll bet you haven't even started your Chirstmas shopping yet, you slacker.
It's not even December yet so there's plenty of time to shop, with Amazon Prime I don't need to start 'til a week or so before hand.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #13
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
It's not even December yet so there's plenty of time to shop, with Amazon Prime I don't need to start 'til a week or so before hand.
My daughter (12) has been talking about her Christmas list. Her dad said "Why are you talking about what you want for Christmas in July?" Sydney said, "Because Mom does her shopping early, I bet she already has presents for me." Both my husband and my daugher looked at me, and I had to admit I had two. But they didn't come from Amazon.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:25 PM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Well I have a shipping date muahahahahahaha

Kidding (best be careful with joking about that, might wake up tomorrow morning with an angry mob out the front of my house).

I ordered mine on the 4th, and at the time I had an expected ship on or before 4th September. The cover is still set to ship on the 27th though.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:28 PM   #15
jswinden
Nameless Being

Monitor your credit card or bank account, it will get billed when Amazon ships the K3. With my Kindle DXG I actually received the item before I received the email stating it had shipped!