Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-02-2024, 04:28 PM   #1216
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by two View Post
I followed this exactly, but it says could not run process: process exited with status 127 (src/action_cc.cc:889). Any ideas on why this happened?
Show me your NickelMenu config.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 05:17 PM   #1217
Acer
Acer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to beholdAcer is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Libra2
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Have a 2nd ereader or swipe down to swap. It has 3 other books, so like having 4 tabs.
Awesome!!! Thank you @Quoth!
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2024, 05:55 AM   #1218
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
Quote:
Originally Posted by two View Post
I followed this exactly, but it says could not run process: process exited with status 127 (src/action_cc.cc:889). Any ideas on why this happened?

I’ve had the same after updating to the latest firmware two days ago.
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 08:20 AM   #1219
Daniel Jackson
SG-1
Daniel Jackson began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
What are the requirements for an icon to be used in experimental: menu_main_15505_icon? (size, format)
It's for a Libra 2.
Daniel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 05:42 PM   #1220
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The icon should be 42x42 for the Libra 2, if you want it to be pixel perfect. The icon will be scaled if you use another resolution, IIRC. It should be PNG with transparency so the image borders aren't visible.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2024, 03:32 PM   #1221
Daniel Jackson
SG-1
Daniel Jackson began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
thanks, that's useful info!
Daniel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 09:28 AM   #1222
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
@geek1011, would it be possible to make a change to NickelMenu to check the the existence of certain files so if they exist, the Kobo will reboot? This is to make a temporary fix for the possibly open files that can cause a corrupted database when the Kobo is connected to the computer. Thanks.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 12:29 PM   #1223
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
@geek1011, would it be possible to make a change to NickelMenu to check the the existence of certain files so if they exist, the Kobo will reboot? This is to make a temporary fix for the possibly open files that can cause a corrupted database when the Kobo is connected to the computer. Thanks.
That is risky, as what if the file doesn't get removed due to a filesystem error or a bug in whatever created it.

However, as I mentioned earlier, it should be possible to make a separate NickelHook-based mod to either work around or prevent the database issue from happening (we can hook going in and going out from USB).
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 02:56 PM   #1224
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
In my playing with the issue of the database not being properly closed when connecting to the computer, attempting to detect the presence of a .sqlite-wal file and triggering a database close took slightly longer than triggering a reboot on my Kobo Sage, plugging in the USB cable and waiting for the USB connect popup.

Given that this issue is likely to resolved in the next firmware release, I'm not certain that spending more time and effort on solving it is worthwhile.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:15 AM   #1225
getthething
getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.getthething has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumping-sugar66 View Post
I mean, this works for the screensaver bit:
Code:
menu_item :main    :Toggle screensaver  :cmd_output :500 :quiet :test -e /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
     chain_failure :skip :3
     chain_success :cmd_spawn :quiet :mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver
     chain_success :dbg_toast :Screensaver on (Wallpapder Mode)
     chain_always  :skip :-1
     chain_failure :cmd_spawn :quiet :mv /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver /mnt/onboard/.kobo/screensaver_old
     chain_success :dbg_toast :Screensaver off (Cover Art Mode)
It just moves the screensaver folder to screensaver_old back and forth. So that's a toggle right there! It's not an elegant solution but I'm happy with it.

As you suggested, I have screensaver images with text in them right now. But I'm more curious about the lock option.

If you (or anyone) can point me in where the pin settings are stored in the kobo filesystem I can write something up. Whether that's in an sqlite db or some config file I don't mind. I did my best to search the root filesystem but couldn't find anything.

Hi, I just set this up and it works as expected, however when I'm in book cover mode, all my screensaver images show up as books under "my books". Is that expected or did I do something funky?
getthething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 11:50 AM   #1226
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
In my playing with the issue of the database not being properly closed when connecting to the computer, attempting to detect the presence of a .sqlite-wal file and triggering a database close took slightly longer than triggering a reboot on my Kobo Sage, plugging in the USB cable and waiting for the USB connect popup.

Given that this issue is likely to resolved in the next firmware release, I'm not certain that spending more time and effort on solving it is worthwhile.
Given this is not an all the time problem, how will we know if it's fixed? If NickelMenu could detect these files and let us know, then we could reboot. Also, if NickelMenu keeps telling us these files do not exist, then after long enough, we can say it's fixed.
Old 03-24-2024, 12:50 PM   #1227
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by getthething View Post
… however when I'm in book cover mode, all my screensaver images show up as books under "my books". Is that expected or did I do something funky?
Anything that the Kobo can display is in MyBooks, so also SVG from the sketch pad (which can be enabled on Sage and Elipsa).

I'm thinking there may be a way to hide a folder either using . prefix or an exclude command, but I have no idea what that does to the screensaver.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:59 PM   #1228
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Anything that the Kobo can display is in MyBooks, so also SVG from the sketch pad (which can be enabled on Sage and Elipsa).

I'm thinking there may be a way to hide a folder either using . prefix or an exclude command, but I have no idea what that does to the screensaver.
I know the problem. Kobo used to not scan directories that have a . such as .kobo. Now it does unless you have the config file set to not scan. So screensavers being graphics are scanned and included as content.

The solution is to add to the config...

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
The config file is in .kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf
Old 03-24-2024, 05:05 PM   #1229
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Given this is not an all the time problem, how will we know if it's fixed? If NickelMenu could detect these files and let us know, then we could reboot. Also, if NickelMenu keeps telling us these files do not exist, then after long enough, we can say it's fixed.
The idea is to make sure the database has no connections and is properly closed during the USB connect process. Removing the last connection to the database files triggers the cleanup procedure but that is not something that would be done during normal operations when the database would be in use. If the database is in use, you could still see those files before attempting a USB connect so your suggested test would be basically meaningless. The only way to be certain the database was properly closed would be if you did not see the .sqlite-wal and .sqlite-shm files after the connect.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 06:54 AM   #1230
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The idea is to make sure the database has no connections and is properly closed during the USB connect process. Removing the last connection to the database files triggers the cleanup procedure but that is not something that would be done during normal operations when the database would be in use. If the database is in use, you could still see those files before attempting a USB connect so your suggested test would be basically meaningless. The only way to be certain the database was properly closed would be if you did not see the .sqlite-wal and .sqlite-shm files after the connect.
If you connect your Kobo to the computer without calibre running, would the database become corrupt? If not, you could check for those files and if they don't exist, eject, run calibre and use NickelMenu to reconnect.

Tags
kobo, launcher, ldpreload, nickel