Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 06-23-2004, 02:18 PM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Samuel is using the RSS feeds from http://partners.userland.com/nytRss/
Old 06-23-2004, 11:46 PM   #17
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Alexander,
I'm afraid "RSS feeds" means nothing to me.

Samuel,
The format of your link is beautiful and the size is amazing. Thanks for sharing your work.

My concern is that the content is not "front-page" news. I checked your link with today's NY Times newspaper and Avantgo NY Times channel. Avantgo presents major, front-page articles from sections: News, Business, Technology, Arts. Your link lists mostly secondary back-page articles, not main news. Your "Opinion" links, however, do contain ALL the OpEd articles, but only secondary letters are listed; major letters are not.

Can you adjust what you grab?
Thanks
Marty
Advert
Old 06-24-2004, 01:03 PM   #18
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: TT
Second approach

Well...

This is a second approach to grab the data from the New York Times.
Still experimental, but seems to work ok.

Use this URL:
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_todo_nyt.php

-> It only includes INTERNATIONAL and NATIONAL news! (I will include more as the experiments -and the time- let me )

...and tell me what do you think.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:32 PM   #19
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montalvo
Well...

This is a second approach to grab the data from the New York Times.
Still experimental, but seems to work ok.

Use this URL:
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_todo_nyt.php

-> It only includes INTERNATIONAL and NATIONAL news! (I will include more as the experiments -and the time- let me )

...and tell me what do you think.
Like this but the first one is better.
Old 06-24-2004, 03:43 PM   #20
mercedes
Apple and Sony zealot
mercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it ismercedes knows what time it is

Device: TH55
How can I make the second NYT work. I only get a login page when I tap on a story link.
Advert
Old 06-24-2004, 05:03 PM   #21
Montalvo
Connoisseur
Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Montalvo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Let me check it again....
Old 06-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #22
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I like the second one much better. I like having more news.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:34 PM   #23
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Everyone has their preference... I am just happy that NYT is closer to getting solved.
Old 06-24-2004, 11:39 PM   #24
Montalvo
Connoisseur

Well... seems that the second approach doesnt work as expected.. because of dealing with cookies. I will try another method, but all of you must have to wait...

The original link (RSS based) if working very fine, but the news are not updated as fast as in the NewYorkTimes page... if you can live with that (I can ) use this channel. If not, let me spend a little more time on the second approach solution...

In the mean time, I can add more sections easily to this format... any suggestion? Arts, Health, Sports?

Greetings from Mexico

Samuel F. Montalvo
MComm

Last edited by Montalvo; 06-24-2004 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Update!
Old 06-25-2004, 01:04 AM   #25
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
I don't know how your second approach is coded, but I've used links structured like this in sitescooper:

[A HREF="http://www.nytimes.com/auth/chk_login?USERID=sitescooper&PASSWORD=sitescooper
&is_continue=true&OQ=&URI=http://www.nytimes.com/pages/world/text/index.html"]International

with a username and password incorporated. (BTW, sitescooper/sitescooper is a valid user/pass combo. You can pick up others at bugmenot.com.) This might resolve the cookie issue for you.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:04 AM   #26
Montalvo
Connoisseur

Still under experimentation...

This script uses the idea of IGNATZ:
http://tupalmx.com/pruebasphp/grab_nyt-nal.php

I can see it on the PC, but Im unnable to convert it with iSiloX...
maybe my brain cells are dry

Could anyone try it?
Old 06-25-2004, 03:14 AM   #27
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Samuel, have you enabled receive and send cookies in your iSiloX channel? NYT stores some local cookie after the authentication processes.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:17 AM   #28
Montalvo
Connoisseur

Yes. But it doesnt work for me...
Does it work for you?

Old 06-25-2004, 03:25 AM   #29
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Yes, it seems to work fine here. I attached the .ixl file I was using.
Attached Files
File Type: ixl grab_nyt-nal.ixl (3.0 KB, 785 views)
Old 06-25-2004, 03:42 AM   #30
Montalvo
Connoisseur

Well.. it still doesnt work for me... some questions:
... what version of iSiloX are you using?
... what UserAgent are you using?

The LOG of the channel, always say: "Unnable to open... " for every link. And I dont know really why or what is causing it.

At least for you it works... maybe for others too. But now, I want it too