Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 03-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #16
MatYadabyte
Zealot
MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Space.com is available in NewsRaider. If any MR readers with PPC want a free copy on NR PPC just drop me a line

Mat
Old 03-30-2006, 11:20 AM   #17
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alexander, thanks for the lead on the thread! I'll see if I can follow it and make it work. That would simply duplicate avantgo's limited space.com feed, though, right? And, if I'm right that avantgo is not regularly updating it, then grabbing the space.com/news page makes more sense!

What I'd like to do is to grab the stories off the space.com/news page (more than avantgo and updated regularly), but without having to tap down multiple times to get to the story!

Now, I muss confess that I didn't understand the rest of your response! I don't know what "urlrewrite" means, sorry to say

"robinson, the problem with feedburner is that they hide the target url, making a urlrewrite difficult if not impossible."

I've grabbed the space.com news stories fine using the feedburner link, it's just the tapping problem I've mentioned.

Last edited by robinson; 03-30-2006 at 11:23 AM.
Advert
Old 12-08-2006, 07:26 AM   #18
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Interesting update on this... the avantgo feed for space.com comes outdated-- a week+ old! So the iSilo work around described here is a great way of getting up to the day news stories!

(I use http://feeds.feedburner.com/spaceheadlines)