Arnaud
Enthusiast
Arnaud began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch
Wired Magazine : anyone ?

hi again,

Wired News is my first read of the morning
http://www.wired.com/wireless

but curiously enough i didn't find ANY link for Wired Magazine : is it impossible to make "pda-friendly"

see here for the current full available issue :
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/12.06/
Old 06-26-2004, 02:43 PM   #2
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Hmm. Thought it was in the xml.... <shrug>

Anyway, here ya go:

http://www.wired.com/news_drop/palmpilot/

Welcome btw
Old 06-26-2004, 05:58 PM   #3
Arnaud
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sUnShInE
Hmm. Thought it was in the xml.... <shrug>

Anyway, here ya go:

Welcome btw
i was asking for the Magazine
Wired Magazine on line
not Wired News wich, as i said, is my first read of the morning

thanks for your welcome anyway
Old 06-27-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Ah, sorry. I don't think there is a clipped version of the mag, but you can probably scoop it via sitescooper, pluck it via jpluck; or if you're using iSilo, clip it with the IE plug-in.

Good luck
Old 09-15-2005, 10:25 PM   #5
37lIUx7Yx4Y
jPlucker
37lIUx7Yx4Y began at the beginning.

Device: pilot 1000 , IIIxe , tapwave zodiac , Nokia 770
yes wired can be converted

yes wired can be converted

the site structure changes over the years

so that if you want to do back issues

you need to do it with different approaches for each era

archive index --> printer versions

[as I recollect]

will look back at my arrchives
Old 01-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #6
GenericMoniker
GenericMoniker began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Axim X50v

hasn't been updated since 23 Dec 2005. What's up with that?
Old 01-11-2006, 04:43 PM   #7
weave
weave began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba e355 Pocket PC
I emailed Wired about that a few days ago and got a reply in about 2 minutes (which makes me believe that it was an automated response, but I tend to think the worst) that said they had updated some code which broke the PDA friendly and they were working on it.

It could happen...
Old 01-13-2006, 08:00 AM   #8
MatYadabyte
Zealot
MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its available for Newsraider
Mat
Old 01-17-2006, 01:16 PM   #9
Arnaud
Enthusiast

What does that mean ?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:24 PM   #10
Arnaud
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by weave
I emailed Wired about that a few days ago and got a reply in about 2 minutes (which makes me believe that it was an automated response, but I tend to think the worst) that said they had updated some code which broke the PDA friendly and they were working on it.

It could happen...

AvantGo is unable to update the Wired channel while Wired upgrades its servers that provide us with our feeds. We expect that this channel will be updating regularly by January 18th, 2006. Please stay tuned!
Old 01-17-2006, 01:26 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
NewsRaider is a similar program like iSilo or Plucker, and it offers some premade scripts to get content from sites like Wired. Of course, if you like to stick to your reader, it's not a solution to this problem

That said, I am curious how long it'll take Wired to fix the code.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #12
Arnaud
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
NewsRaider is a similar program like iSilo or Plucker, and it offers some premade scripts to get content from sites like Wired. Of course, if you like to stick to your reader, it's not a solution to this problem

That said, I am curious how long it'll take Wired to fix the code.
Ok, thanks.

And should we believe to the AvantGo error message, it should be fixed by tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #13
Arnaud
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
ok
I looked at the script and indeed it cannot be pasted to iSIlo

Last edited by Arnaud; 01-17-2006 at 03:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:00 PM   #14
weave
weave began at the beginning.

Device: Toshiba e355 Pocket PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaud
AvantGo is unable to update the Wired channel while Wired upgrades its servers that provide us with our feeds. We expect that this channel will be updating regularly by January 18th, 2006. Please stay tuned!
Well, not so far it hasn't. Still hoping...
Old 01-20-2006, 03:50 AM   #15
MatYadabyte
Zealot
MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MatYadabyte ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnaud
ok
I looked at the script and indeed it cannot be pasted to iSIlo
No, you cant use Raid Scripts in Isilo. They can be used in newsRaider and TomeRaider

Mat