Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Curse you LibraryThing

I just discovered a LibraryThing feature today which is going to cost me money... but I like it.

You can view your catalog by series. Yes, I knew that. But, I found that if you click on the series name it will bring you to a page with the full series list. There is a little green check mark next to each book that you have.

So, I just found out that I am missing quite a few in the Star Trek: Corps of Engineers series. There are a couple of other series that I am missing stuff in to.

Weird thing about the Trek:SCE series... the stories are sold separately and as omnibus collections. I guess originally the stories were only released as e-stories or in a magazine or some such... then they released the omnibus in MMP format. But, it looks like the Kindle store has both the individual stories/books and the omnibus ones.

So, I got me some buying to do... although I have to finish Spin and then read the Chaos stuff by Jeffrey Carver (more freebees!!!) first. At least all these freebees are keeping my out of my wallet and the Kindle store.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Hmm. Do you mean on the Kindle? Or the Sony? Do you mean in the library on your PC or on the device itself? The Sony lets you view by collection but, of course, it's not wireless, so you only see what you've put onto it.
This sounds like a good feature but I'd be grateful for more details.

Thanks
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
He was talking about:

http://www.librarything.com/
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
No they are talking about a website that any one can use.

The website is:

http://www.librarything.com/

Its a neat little site that you can use to catalog your book collection, and many other features.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
Ahh! Thanks a lot, I'll have a look!
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It's cheaper to purchase the SCE Omnibus eBooks then it is to purchaser them separately.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's cheaper to purchase the SCE Omnibus eBooks then it is to purchaser them separately.
Yes, that appears to be the case, no doubt. Thanks.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
But once you've caught up to where the SCE/CoE eBooks are no longerin omnibus format, don't wait till they are. Just get them separately.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote