Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
IluvToRead
Enthusiast
IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.IluvToRead is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Onyx Boox m92 - Kindle 4
Grey Line When Readings pdfs

Hi everyone,

just bought an m92.

When I check the firmware version is says:
1.8 20121220

so I guess that must be the latest.

Regarding the grey dotted line that shows in the pdfs when reading, can it be turned off ?

I know it has something to do with pdfs where you have zoomed in and the grey dotted line shows you where you were before you moved the page focus.

Just wondering.
IluvToRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
It is not possible to switch it off in current firmware. However, it is planned feature for a new firmware.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #3
GKj
GKj began at the beginning.

Device: Onix I62HD
But what are those lines anyway?
GKj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Ah ! the famous dotted lines !
How much question about this ? 10 ?
Ok, the lines show the viewport.
What's the viewport ?
When you set a zoom on paper, you can't view all the page. The dotted lines show the limit of the usable area of page : the viewport. When you press on next button (>) or previous (<), you change of area/"page".
It's useful in multicolumn document. When you change of "page", you could see what you have allready read.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
10 Questions and 10 Replies. None of which I've ever understood. If a gray line indicates the "boundary" of the viewport, why does it sit in the middle of the viewport?

Every time I use the "universal margin" tool, I get a gray line after the confirmation which disappears on subsequent page changes. I may not be particularly smart but if there would be any reasonable pattern to those gray lines I'd have noticed. I suspect they are just randomly placed on the page to annoy us...

ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert